Westby birds

  • Ted
    Message 1 of 238 , Mar 1, 2011
      Mob,

      Along with this newest arctic air, quite a few Snow Buntings mixed in with large flocks of Horned Larks have showed up again. These are the first significant numbers since last December, otherwise very quiet for birds. By the way, I dare any of your Red-winged Blackbirds on the west end of the state to come over here and start singing their Spring song. ;)

      Ted Nordhagen
      Westby MT
    • danbcr10
      Message 238 of 238 , Sep 1, 2016

        MOB-sters:

        Craig Hohenberger and I are in Wesyby for a few days, and awaiting a cold front. But in spite of hot and windy conditions, we have found a few good birds, including 2 Chestnut-sided and one Cape May Warbler, Philadelphia Vireo, Ovenbird, Alder Flycatcher, Baltimore Orioles, Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Purple Finch.

        Dan Casey

        Billings