7240Re: Freezout---Snow Geese -> global warming

  • lbvireo
    Oct 1, 2009
      I thought you didn't want this to be discussed here. One thing that seems lost on you is that the number of super-quality birders in MT has probably doubled if not tripled in the past 1-2 decades as well, and more areas are being surveyed. I suppose the next rarity from Eurasia will be interpreted by some to be the result of what you call "human-induced global warming". But, asserting something like that does not make it a fact, and while it is always useful to speculate, I have been told by you and others to keep MY opinions on the subject off the list. I wish you [and now others] would adhere to your own advice, and follow the request you made of me. Thank you. Respectfully - Jim Greaves, Thompson Falls

      --- In MOB-Montana@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Marks" <jeff17_marks@...> wrote:

      > Jim,
      >

      > One visit to one spot that results in the latest-known occurrence for not one but three species of birds is extremely interesting to me, and I'm sure it's interesting to many others on mob as well. It's also consistent with a growing body of scientific evidence from multiple continents suggesting that human-induced global warming is changing the timing of bird migration (not to mention all the other things it's affecting).
      >

      > I don't see it as a fairness issue. If you didn't believe in evolution either (and I'm not suggesting that is the case), would it be unfair to mention on mob interesting examples of natural selection that involve birds? Hardly.
      >

      > Jeff

      > Jeff Marks
      > 4241 SE Liebe Street
      > Portland, OR 97206