18532Good weekend for birds

  • daellison70
    Apr 15, 2014
      Last Friday (4/11) I drove to Zortman and took a circuitous route back stopping in Bozeman yesterday for a merlin presentation. The travel presented lots of good bird sightings. Highlights included watching the sage grouse courtship rituals and a very handsome curlew near Zortman, several species of hawks along the highways including Swainson's and Ferruginous, the burrowing owls near Willow Creek, and a golden eagle about half way between Townsend and Three Forks. I've posted a few photos from the trip.

      Dan Ellison, Helena