18521Re: [MOB-Montana] Freezout Migration Peak Weeks

  • Larry Carter
    Apr 14, 2014
      Hi Paul, well the Snow Geese usually arrive in early March and I would say peak around the middle of March.  The fall birds usually arrive around the end of October first of November.  Of course there is hunting in the fall so some road's are closed then.  Right now there is still around 400 to 500 birds,( a lot of Ross's Geese a separate species a lot smaller than the Lesser Snow Geese will be mixed in with the Lesser Snow Geese now) hanging around but with warming weather they will soon take off to the Artic.  I hope this help's you some.  Good birding, Larry Carter  Fairfield
      On Sunday, April 13, 2014 4:33 PM, paul rossi <polovetsian@...> wrote:

      Hi MOB,
      I don't get out birding to the east side and its refuges nearly as much as I'd like.  I missed the spring migration boat this year, and want to make sure I don't miss fall migration.  I'm wondering the typical peak week for waterfowl at Freezout for both spring and fall.  Thanks in advance!

      Paul Rossi
      Columbia Falls

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic