17825Kobayashi Kittiwake Alert - It's still there.

  • Sharon Hansen
    Nov 17, 2013

      After some positive thinking, perseverance and patience; we finally spotted the Black-legged Kittiwake at Ennis Lake today. It was just before 2:00. I thought it was going to be just a quick flyby but it suddenly circled back and landed on the (Kobayashi) beach, about 20-30 feet from me (near a solitary Willow). Posted best photo as lighting was not great.

      Other birds seen, Rough-legged Hawk, Belted Kingfisher, Ring-billed Gulls, Herring Gull, Black-billed Magpie, Common Goldeneye, Bufflehead and Bald Eagles.

      Sharon Dewart-Hansen

      Helena, MT