17824Rusty Blackbird at KG Ranch.

  • Tom Forwood Jr
    Nov 17, 2013
      Hi MOB,

      Shannon Knodel and I went for a walk at Missouri Headwaters yesterday
      where we saw some Bohemian Waxwings, American Tree Sparrows and a few
      other species, but weather came in so we took a side trip to Willow
      Creek and the KG Ranch before returning to Bozeman. We had a good
      waxwing mixed flock in Willow Creek (about 60%/40% in favor of Bohemians
      over Cedars). After town we swung by the KG ranch where there was a good
      collection of Swans and as we were leaving spotted a lone blackbird on
      some willow. Turned out to be a gorgeous Rusty Blackbird male. Seems to
      be a few moving through so keep your eyes open and check those
      blackbirds everyone! Tom

      --
      Tom Forwood
      Park Ranger