15559Crossbills in Bozeman Area (and e-bird app tip)

  • kerristrasheim
    Mar 3 7:42 PM
      Greetings -

      I wanted to share that I have seen White-winged Crossbills and Red Crossbills dining on cones on the tops of my spruce trees the last couple of days -so keep your eyes open! The White-winged Crossbills were a life lister for me - confirmed 3 pairs.

      And, speaking of confirmation, when you submit a checklist on the e-bird app and when the message pops up that this is a rare bird that needs confirmation - this is something they do on their end with their scientists and distribution information. I had a birder friend come over to "confirm" by having 2 observers and I added very detailed observations to "confirm" before searching the internet to find out what that message actually means! Overall, I am liking the convenience of the e-bird app - just takes a little longer than some apps to figure out.

      Kerri Strasheim
      Bozeman, MT
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic