11475New MapViewer for Generalized Observations

  • Ratz, Dave
    Sep 1, 2011

      Hi MOB,

      We’ve released a new toolset in our new MapViewer that replicates some info you used to get from the Natural Heritage Tracker.

      This new app is a LOT faster than Tracker and is built on newer technology.  If you’d like to give it a spin, follow this link:

      Some features to highlight are:

      -          Select Animal or Plant to view the distribution around Montana.

      -          Many Animals have Range Maps that you can overlay on the map.

      -          You can add your own observations in a simple Observation Form.

      -          Use the Identify Tool to see the observation counts by LL, QLL, QQLL.

      -          The Identify Tool also provides a link to a printable report that includes all the species we’ve seen for a specific QQLL, including a thumbnail image and counts, handy for a trip to the field.

      This is a Beta version so feedback is welcome.

      Web Projects Manager

      Montana Natural Heritage Program