Mankato Area Jaycees upcoming events for May

  • swenson_ed@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 1:26 PM
      Hello everyone,

      We have two big events here in Mankato this month.

      1. Pitch, Hit, and Run

      The first on is this Saturday May 4th, with our Pitch, Hit, and Run competition. We are setting up at 9 a.m. with check in at 10 and the event starting at 11 and run until 2 p.m.. It will be held at Jaycee Park here in Mankato which can be found on the corner of Balcerzak and Pohl Roads. If any of you are familiar with Mankato it is near the MSU campus. Any extra bats, gloves, or baseballs that anyone can bring with them would be greatly appreciated. We are selling concessions at this event for our own fundraising, otherwise the event is free and open to the public. Any one wanting to sign up to help can do so through our Facebook page "Mankato Area Jaycees" or email the chair for this event, John Bulcock at jabulcock@....

      2. Sandbox fill

      Our second big event is our annual Sandbox fill. This year it will be on Saturday May 18th at 9 a.m. and running until we fill all of our orders. We have two meeting times for this event, the first one is at 7:45 a.m. at the Wagon Wheel Cafe here in Mankato for a pre-event breakfast. The Wagon Wheel is located at 609 S. Front Street. The second meeting time is at 9 a.m. at Central Concrete, where we are getting our sand donated. They are located at 1316 N. Broad St. As I stated before we will be running this until we're done delivering to all of our orders, lunch will be provided. If anyone has a pickup or extra shovels and wheelbarrows that could be used that would also be appreciated. This is a fundraiser both for the chapter and for the local History Fest. The chair for the event is Bill Tourville and he can be reached at william.tourville@... . There is also a sign up for the event on our Facebook page.

      Well that's it for May. Any questions about our events email the the chair persons as they have all the information you'll need. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, every event we hold all year is posted on there or our website mankato.org. I can be reached best through email as well at swenson_ed@.... Thank You for reading and I hope to see you soon down here in Mankato!