Chaska Area Jaycees Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser/Benefit

  • achaskajc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008
      The Chaska Area Jaycees would like to invite you to attend our upcoming spaghetti dinner.  We are hosting a benegit for a little boy (Hunter) who was just diagnosed with Convergence Insufficiency of the Eyes.  What that is, is that his eyes do not focus together.  It makes it hard for him to see words and it has made it so I can barely read.  They have referred him to Visiuon Therapy, but my mom's insurance will only cover a very small portion of it.

      The Chaska Area Jaycees are excited to be involved in this project and hope you can stop by to support us in our mission to work with Hunter and other kids affected by this problem.  Because of Hunter's influence there are already over 100 tickets sold for this dinner.  In addition to the Spaghetti Dinner portion of the fundraiser, there will also be some kids carnival games and a silent auction at this event.

      If you have any questions please feel free to contact Kim Kessler (project chair) at kkessler@...

      Now for the important information:

      Date of the Project:  February 9th, 2008

      Times:  3pm - 8pm

      Location:  Chaska American Legion

      Cost:  Adult ($6)  Kids ($5)

      Silent Auction items already collected for this event:

      Ichiban Japanese Steak House - $25 Gift Certificate
      Noah's Ark - Wisconsin Dells - 2 all day passes to Noah's Ark - $70 value
      Woolley's Restaurant - Gift Certificate for 'Dinner for 2' not to exceed $60
      Minnesota Vikings - 8 x 10 autographed picture of Darren Sharper. He is going to the Pro Bowl - so this is a must have for you collectors!
      Wild Mountain - 2 passes for 2 hours of snow tubing at Wild Mountain.
      General Mills - $87.50 in free and other coupons for General Mills products.
      Party Lite - A basket of candle light, value to come soon.  Donated by Angel Curtis.
      Minnesota Twins - They will be sending an item closer to the benefit, so this will be updated at that time.
      Minnesota Renaissance Festival - 2 tickets for the Festival...a $39.90 value!
      Future Concepts Studio and Spa - $25 Gift Certificate
      Bachman Super Chief Electric Model Train - values at $73. FEATURES: Smooth-running red and silver Santa Fe diesel locomotive with 8-wheel pickup and operating headlight. Diesel engine is aluminum plated. One blue Middletown& New Jersey box car, a Union Pacific gondola, and a red Santa Fe off-center caboose. Finely detailed freight cars come with EZ-Mate couplers. Freight car wheels and axles are adjusted for maximum free rolling. 36" circle of E-Z Track on a black roadbed assembles in minutes, no nails, screws, or special tools needed
      Estetica Spa - $50 Gift Certificate for Estetica Spa St. Paul
      Elko Speedway - Voucher for 4 reserved seats to any NASCAR event at Elko Speedway.
      St. Paul Saints - Voucher for 4 general admission tickets to a 2008 St. Paul Saints game.
      Christmas Village Golf WI Dells(2) - A certificate for a round of Golf with Cart a $40 to $70 depending on time of year and day of the week.
      Minnesota Timberwolves - 4 tickets for the March 22nd 7pm game against the NY Nicks...$280 value
      Spring Floral arrangement - A beautiful spring floral arrangement in a pewter vase.

      If you would like more information on Hunter and where the money raised for this event are going to go please check out his website at:  http://www.freewebs.com/benefitsmn/index.htm

      Thanks and we hope to see you there.

      The Chaska Area Jaycees