MILLS DEEDS: Mills of Essex Co (now Union Co), NJ

  • Audrey Shields Hancock
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 20, 2008
      Names mentioned in these deeds:
      1804-William Mills (Jr.) and wife, Rebecca; Jeremiah Mills (Sr.), Robert
      Woodruff, Thomas Woodruff Jr., Amy Heath (sis/o William Jr. & Jeremiah), and
      Jedidiah Swan

      1816-John Mills and wife, Anna (probably Anna Denman); Joseph Linn;
      Recompense Stansbury, William Mills [perhaps William Mills (#3)], Charles
      Clark,

      For those who may be interested, I have scanned and posted the two deeds
      (1804 & 1816) that Lori MacCormack sent me concerning William Mills (wife,
      Rebecca) and John Mills (wife, Anna Denman) of Westfield Township, Essex Co.
      (now Union Co.), New Jersey. These deeds show that these two couples owned
      land in Bernards Township, Somerset County, New Jersey.

      They also appear to validate other family relationships.

      http://tinyurl.com/7sjyfq (William Mills to Robert Woodruff)

      http://tinyurl.com/99lpr5 (John Mills to Joseph Linn)

      Audrey
    • Audrey Shields Hancock
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 20, 2008
        Amy (Mills) Heath was dau/o William (#2) Mills, Jr. and wife, Rebecca
        (--?--).
        Amy (Mills) Baker was sis/o William (#2) Mills, Jr. and dau/o Wm. (#1) Mills
        and wife, Amy (--?--).
        Amy (--?--) Mills, wife of William (#1) Mills, Sr. was mother of William
        (#2) Mills and Amy (Mills) Baker.

[...]

      • Michelle W
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2009
          Thank you for the e-mail: I have to tell you that my aunt Grace Mills Downey, passed away October 26, 2008, she was 100 years old, she was my Grand-mother's sister (Eva Mills Hayworth), also the Grand-daughter of  Juanita Hayworth Baron, daughter of June Baron Elias:
                  Melody June Elias
                  b. April 3, 1991
                  d. November 24, 2007
                      age 16
                  burial: Holy Cross Cemetery, Calumet City, Illinois
                  She is buried next to her Grand-mother (Juanita Baron)
                  (She was killed in a drive by shooting)