Re: [MILLS_William] Jacob MILLS bur Clark Co., OH

  • ChekWriter@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 4 , May 22, 2006
      Hi audrey and Group:

      I do not seem to have this Jacob MILLS listed on any of my files.
      Did you finally find which family MILLS he belonged?  Bestey MILLS, Jacob ROLL family seems to be of Jonathan and Martha.

      But that child Jacob seems to have married Catherine (Denton)? Does that agree with what you have?

      Thanks

      Pat
      cw

      From: "Audrey Hancock" <audreyhancock1939@...>

      Perhaps someone has the answer on this one:

      Elizabeth "Betsey" Mills b 11 Mar 1764 probably Westfield Twp., Union Co,
      NJ; married Jacob Roll (aka Jacob Rall) of Westfield Twp., Union Co., NJ;
      and d 18 Nov 1806 Union Co., NJ; buried Scotch Plains Baptist Church
      Cemetery, Scotch Plains, Union Co., NJ.  After Elizabeth's death Jacob
      remarried removed to Cincinnati, Hamilton Co., OH with his family, and
      eventually he and his family settled in Clark County, Ohio, where he
      evidently died, and is buried.

      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ohclark/cemetery/newcarlislem-r.htm
      Now...also buried in New Carlisle Cemetery, Bethel Twp., Clark Co., Ohio is
      one:

      Jacob Mills who died 31 July 1838 at 78 years of age (born ca 1760).  Could
      Jacob have been related to Elizabeth "Betsey" (MILLS) ROLL/RALL and/or of
      the Westfield Twp., Union Co., NJ MILLS bunch?

      Audrey

    • ChekWriter@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 4 , May 22, 2006
        Hi Audrey and Lists:

        Could the Jacob MILLS that you reference on the New Carlisle, Ohio Cemetery list, be the son of Jacob MILLS of Washington Co. PA/MD 1740?

        It is interesting that I do not seem to have this Jacob on any of MILLS files.

        Maybe someone out there can tell us which MILLS family line he belongs.

        Cous Pat
        cw

        Message 3 of 4 , May 22, 2006
          No...I still do not know the MILLS family ancestry of this Jacob Mills.

          Jacob Roll married Elizabeth "Betsey" Mills.  This Elizabeth is dau/o William Mills b 1723 and Amy of Westfield.  She is buried at the Scotch Plains Baptist Church in Scotch Plains, Union Co., NJ.  She is sister of William Mills b abt. 1752 who married Rebecca [--?--].  Both are my ancestors.  Elizabeth "Betsey" (MILLS) ROLL is my paternal ancestor.  William MILLS b abt. 1752 was my maternal ancestor.  And... William and Amy are thus my maternal and paternal MILLS common ancestor.  Perhaps Jacob is an unknown bro/o both Elizabeth (Mills) Roll b 1764 and William b abt. 1752. I don't know.

          I don't know about the Jacob (m Catherine Denton), who you mention.

          Audrey