Re: [MILLS_William] Isaac Mills, born 1801 in Westfield, NJ, died 1868 in Newark, NJ

  • ChekWriter@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2005

      Hi William:

      I was just wondering if I ever wrote to ask if this family was somehow related to the Joseph Fagin MILLS, wife Margaret Sturgis?
      Joseph was son of David and Nancy Ellen MILLS. Which links back to the family of Jeremiah and Elizabeth MARSH MILLS of New Jersey.
      This family does tie in with mine also of Montgomery Co, Ohio. See www.familytreedna.com under MILLS, as George DNA Kit #33009.

      I am trying to find the parents of the other 3 men listed there in our grouping of J 2 Hal Group. John, Lewis, Abraham.
      I do not recall if I previously wrote you, but just in case, I am doing it again.
      Pat
      cw
      I am seeking information relating to my 4th great-grandfather,Isaac
      Mills,  who was married to Joanna Sturgis.  They had 10 children
      including Willam Hobart Mills and John Mills, who moved to Illinois,
      and Dr Andrew Meeker Mills, a Civil War Acting Assistant Surgeon from
      Newark and Elias Bonnell Mills, who served in the Union Army out of the
      New Jersey 13th Infantry, Company F.  I have hit a wall in terms of
      connecting Isaac Mills with his parents and siblings. Does anyone have
      any ideas about other sources?  I'm curious if Isaac is a descendant of
      Elias?