Fw: [MILLS-L] Re: William Mills 1723-1795 Essex, NJ

  • Audrey Shields Hancock
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28, 2002
      Hello, All,
      The information in two postings below appeared on the MILLS-L Discussion
      List and is in reference to our William Mills of Essex Co. (now Union Co.),
      NJ, and the lineage of two different Samuels who are said to be grandsons of
      George Mills who have been combined as one Samuel Mills in written and
      on-line genealogies. Perhaps Helen can "fill in the blanks" on the Samuel
      Mills of Elizabethtown believed to be the ancestor of our William Mills of
      Westfield. I have seen the article "Samuel Mills of Greenwich, CT" who she
      indicates is the son of Samuel Mills and Susannah Palmer, thus not the
      ancestral grandparents of our William Mills of Westfield as given in many
      genealogies. It appears that she is indicating that William Mills is
      descended from the Samuel Mills of Elizabethtown. The article is very well
      documented, so I am looking forward to hopefully find family connections in
      her book that have alluded me.

      Audrey

      Message 2 of 2 , May 28, 2002
        Oops! eluded not alluded.