Sarah Jane Mills

  • Rmbgen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 21, 2001
      HI - I'm a new member of this group, and I'm looking for information
      about my g.g.grandmother, Sarah Jane Mills. I have no knowledge of
      her parents, or her bith or death dates. She married Elias Baker,
      who had a dairy in Irvington. Their children were Elijah Mills
      Baker, Enoch Mills Baker (my grandfather, born 1860) and Harriet
      Mills Baker, who married a Baylis. Enoch Baker became a doctor and
      practiced in Jersey City. My father recalled that his grandfather was
      dead, and his grandmother stayed with them in Jersey City for
      extended periods prior to his father's death in 1909. This has been
      a real brick wall for me, and I'm hoping these names will ring a bell
      for one of you. Bob Baker (Robert Mills Baker Jr.) rmbgen@...
    • Audrey Shields Hancock
      Message 2 of 2 , May 21, 2001
        I wish I could say that those names "ring a bell" for me, but they don't.  Where is Irvington located?  It does appear that the MILLS children could have been named for their MILLS relatives.  There was an Elijah MILLS I believe who went from Union Co., NJ to Hamilton Co., OH.  I think he was one of the early pioneer settlers in Cincinnati.  There were also BAKERs in Essex and Union Cos., NJ.  At this time, this is all I know.
        Sorry.
        Audrey

        HI - I'm a new member of this group, and I'm looking for information
        about my g.g.grandmother, Sarah Jane Mills.  I have no knowledge of
        her parents, or her bith or death dates.  She married Elias Baker,
        who had a dairy in Irvington.  Their children were Elijah Mills
        Baker, Enoch Mills Baker (my grandfather, born 1860) and Harriet
        Mills Baker, who married a Baylis.  Enoch Baker became a doctor and
        practiced in Jersey City. My father recalled that his grandfather was
        dead, and his grandmother stayed with them in Jersey City for
        extended periods prior to his father's death in 1909.  This has been
        a real brick wall for me, and I'm hoping these names will ring a bell
        for one of you.  Bob Baker (Robert Mills Baker Jr.) rmbgen@...

        Genealogy Related URLs at:
        http://home.att.net/~davehancock/HelpfulURLs.html
        Send e-mail messages to:
        MILLS_William@onelist.com
        When replying, please keep quoting of previous message to a minimum & delete information not needed in a new message.