Fwd: FairTax Letter Writing 11/30

  • travllr
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005
      --- In mifairtax@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Whittington"
      <larry.whittington@e...> wrote:

      Let me know if you are receiving multiple copies of "FairTax Letter
      Writing". The mails are posted to multiple groups and a lot of
      individuals. If you're getting more copies than you really need, let
      me know and I'll clean up the distribution list.

      Get Published
      For the best chance of getting published :

      1. Write to the media in your area. Local newspapers prefer to
      print letters from local people.

      2. Don't overlook weekly and community papers. Editors there are
      often more receptive.

      3. Check the word-count limit for the publication you're writing
      to. Stay under the limit. (in Word, click on Tools - Word Count)

      4. Pick the part of FairTax you want to talk about. Don't try to
      explain it all.

      5. Open your letter by stating your case. Back up your statement
      with reasonable arguments. Wrap it up with a closing remark.
      Include www.fairtax.org somewhere.

      6. Keep your remarks polite and professional. Most Editors won't
      print rants or raves.

      7. Write your letter today. Come back tomorrow to review and
      revise before you ship it out.

      8. Send your letter by fax if that's easy. Snail mail is just as
      good, mebbe better. Emails follow.

      9. Send your Email letter directly to each publication - don't
      send it by way of "CC". If it comes in as a copy, it will likely
      wind up in the circular file. Editors want an exclusive to your work.

      Your letter, published or not, will have effect. If your letter is
      published, you'll reach a lot of people. If it's not, you did reach
      the editor. Editors need to hear about FairTax. The more letters
      they receive, the better they'll figure out they have to give FairTax
      more ink.

      Timely Topic : Charity

      http://www.fairtaxvolunteer.org/smart/faq-main.html#22
      http://www.fairtax.org/pdfs/Charitable_Giving.PDF
      http://www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/1191.html

      Editor addresses :

      www.allnewspapers.com/namerica/usa/states/default.htm
      http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/flash/
      http://www.usnpl.com/

      Send a copy of every letter you write to your employees at
      www.house.gov www.senate.gov and www.whitehouse.gov

      Letter Writing Opportunity

      HeraldToday.com Manatee, Bradenton, Sarasota
      http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/news/opinion/13263713.htm

      Speaks to the need of tax reform and the futility of all past tax
      reform efforts. Doesn't mention FairTax or the potential for fixing
      the problem from the only place possible - the grassroots level.

      Respond to : dklement@h... Herald Today, Letters to the Editor
      rrankin@k... Knight-Ridder, Robert A. Rankin,
      Government & politics Editor
      choyt@k... Knight-Ridder, Clark Hoyt,
      Washington Editor
      jwalcott@k... Knight-Ridder, John Walcott,
      Washington Bureau Chief

      Knight-Ridder Newspapers
      http://www.knightridder.com/about/location.html

      Rebuttal

      RedState.org Merrill Bender (NY-28 DD) http://merrill-
      bender.redstate.org/story/2005/11/29/102046/64

      Response to the Hirsch article at
      http://www.ocala.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?
      AID=/20051127/OPINION/51126005/1183/news08

      Tea Party

      President G.W. Bush
      Washington, DC 20500

      Senator Harry Reid
      Washington, DC 20510

      Senator Hillary Clinton
      Washington, DC 20510

      Senator Ted Kennedy
      Washington, DC 20510

      Senator Johnny Issacson
      Washington, DC 20510

      Senator Jim DeMint
      Washington, DC 20510

      Representative Nancy Pelosi
      Washington, DC 20515

      Poll

      Bluffton,
      SC
      http://www.blufftontoday.com/node/3009

      A tax lawyer is a person who is good with numbers but does not have
      enough personality to be an accountant. ~ James D. Gordon III

      www.fairtax.org

      --- End forwarded message ---