HR 25 2007 - Re-Introduced Into The 110th Congress - The March Goes On!

  • travllr
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2007
      --- In mifairtax@yahoogroups.com, Roger Buchholtz
      <orientamericanore@...> wrote:

      MI FairTaxers and Thought Leaders,

      We have secured the same bill number for the national FairTax for the
      110th Congress. Nice story (below) and summary of the national
      FairTax Act.

      Roger
      MI FairTax Director (volunteer)
      P.O. Box 141 / 5620 Clato St.
      Kalamazoo, MI 49004
      phone/fax: (269) 345-0950
      cell: (586) 530-3298

      REPRESENTATIVE LINDER INTRODUCES H.R. 25, THE "FAIRTAX ACT OF 2007"
      Washington, D.C. - Today, Representative John Linder (R-GA) introduced
      H.R. 25, the "The FairTax Act of 2007". This bill was first
      introduced by Congressman Linder in 1998, and has become increasingly
      popular since that time. At the close of the 109th Congress the
      FairTax Act was the most popular tax reform bill in Congress with 59
      supporters in the House, which far exceeded any other piece of tax
      reform legislation.

      "The progress we have made since first introducing the FairTax is
      simply amazing. The grassroots growth has been phenomenal and it is
      evident that

      Americans get it. They are way ahead of the politicians on this one.
      In the 109th Congress, we had 59 supporters on the bill, and we did
      not solicit a single one. They came to my office because their
      constituents demanded it. That is happening all over the country."

      This bi-partisan legislation, with Congressman Dan Boren (D-OK) as an
      original co-sponsor, will repeal all corporate and individual income
      taxes, payroll taxes, self-employment taxes, capital gains taxes,
      estate taxes and gift taxes and replace them with a revenue-neutral
      personal consumption tax. The revenue neutral number advocated in the
      bill is 23%, which is very near to the average 22% embedded cost of
      the current system in every good purchased today. This embedded cost
      will be driven out of the price of goods because the FairTax will
      also eliminate all business to business taxes.

      "Americans realize that we can achieve a voluntary tax system by
      allowing everyone to pay taxes when they choose and how much they
      choose by how they choose to spend. We are giving Americans an option
      of paying 23 cents of every dollar they spend with the freedom of
      anonymity, or paying 33 cents of every dollar they earn and the fear
      that the IRS will come knocking because of some unintentional
      mistake. They get it, and they are coming in droves to support
      change."

      The FairTax achieves voluntary taxation by providing a prebate to all
      Americans that offsets the tax consequences of spending up to the
      poverty level. This aspect of the bill makes it the most progressive
      tax proposal today. In essence, if a family of four does not exceed
      the poverty level spending which is established by the U.S.
      Department of Health and Human Services, then, with the prebate, they
      will pay no federal taxes for that year.

      "Big ideas take a long time to achieve in Washington D.C., and I am
      excited with the progress we have made in such a short period of
      time. There are certain economic forces that are pushing us toward
      the FairTax. If we are going to continue to compete in a global
      economy, then we will have to move towards a system that removes the
      foot of the IRS from the throat of our economy."

      Congressman Linder added that he has a new grassroots oriented
      website, http://linderfairtax.house.gov/, that contains answers to
      any FairTaxrelated questions. ###

      --- End forwarded message ---