new multi-racial blog featuring my Delaware Moor great-grandmother

  • kasturi108
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2009
      I've finally posted a blog on my great-grandmother, a "Delaware Moor" and my grandfather, a member of the Moorish Science Temple of America. This was widely considered to be an African-American movement in the 1920's but to many people my grandfather appeared to be White.

      There's a long story involving the time when White wasn't necessarily White in America. Our family had a very strong African and Native American identification, but we tried to be discreet and balance among all three.

      Well, the Delaware Moor story is an interesting one, and our family's version is presented on this blog. I will be adding more posts on research I've done on early slavery, native american history on the east coast middle atlantic states, atlantic creoles, and more, including my own path through all of this. Hope you will visit and enjoy reading! There are some photos and I hope to post more soon. I also hope you will leave comments and speak about your own ancestors or your own experience. Welcome!

      Here's the link:

      http://knitandcontemplation.typepad.com/great_grandmothers_blog/

      Karen/Kasturi