People Light Enough To Pass..

  • kahlilc@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 5, 2009
      Hello Everyone..

      I am HONORED to be a part of this group.

      I am light enough to pass for white and I am here to tell you that being
      White is NOT all that it's cracked up to be (i.e., the grass is greener)..

      Much of America's race problem has to do w/"The Problem of the Other";
      that is, people SO dissatisfied w/themselves that they scapegoat the Other so as to lessen their racialized human suffering.

      Yes, we CAN blame Whites AND Blacks for the atrocities of America's sordid past; but, when it's all said in done, Michael Jackson was RIGHT:

      LOVE,

      The WoMan In The Mirror:
    • Stephanie Young
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2009
        Your right! I try my best to love me just as I am.

        Stephanie

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6, 2009
          90% of people who meet me believe I am white and I hate it-I AM ME, not white, black, blue, yellow or green-JUST ME!!!!!

          Teri Jackson

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 6, 2009
            I have the opposite affect. Most people believe that I am not Multiracial but Black. I am a light caramel kid with tight ringlet curls... I even have freckles. But whatever I am just going to be me.

            Sincerely,

            Stephanie D. Young