Happy Loving Day!

  • lovingdayproject
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11, 2009
      On June 12th, 1967, Richard and Mildred Loving won their
      nine year legal battle and the Supreme Court granted
      them the right to be married in the state of Virginia.
      This victory also legalized interracial relationships
      nationwide, overturning hundreds of years of racist laws.

      However, racism is not dead.
      There is still racial prejudice in our daily lives.
      Loving Day is a great way to fight this prejudice
      through education, and to build multicultural community.

      Join others all over the world in celebrating Loving Day.

      Here are some things you can do:

      Host a celebration of any size for friends or family:
      http://lovingday.org/host-a-celebration

      Find a celebration to attend:
      http://lovingday.org/find-a-celebration

      Spread the word about Loving Day:
      http://lovingday.org/spread-the-word

      On behalf of all of the volunteers at the Loving
      Day Project, we wish you a happy Loving Day!