Free Multiracial Conference at Harvard!

  • lovingdayproject
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2009
      We want everyone to know about a great
      Multiracial Conference happening at
      Harvard University during the end of February.

      It's being organized by Harvard Hapa
      and Swirl Boston, and there will
      be a lot of great speakers.

      Loving Day is proud to promote this event.

      The conference is FREE - but please
      RSVP with the link below so they
      know how many people to expect:

      http://hapa.eventbrite.com/

      The program is below. See you there!

      So ... what are you, anyway?

      Harvard University
      Boylston Hall
      2/28/09

      Program of Events:

      11:00am

      Opening Remarks
      Harvard HAPA, SwirlBoston
      Fong Auditorium

      Asian Americans and Acceptance/
      Exclusion of Multiracial Asians

      Professor Karen Suyemoto
      Fong Auditorium (UMass, Boston)

      12:00pm

      Let's Rap: Politickin' on
      Blasian Identities in Hip-Hop

      John Tawa
      Fong Auditorium

      1:00pm

      Lunch
      Ticknor Lounge

      2:00pm

      Discussion Group:

      Says Who?
      Empowering Biracial/
      Multiracial Women Identities

      Lindsey West
      Ticknor Lounge

      Multiracial College Students and Organizations

      Professor Sam Museus (UMass Boston)
      Fong Auditorium

      3:00pm

      The Multiracial Movement

      Professor Kimberly McClain DaCosta (Harvard)
      Fong Auditorium

      4:00pm

      Panel: Multiracial Experiences

      Professors Peter Kiang and Ping-Ann Addo
      (UMass Boston), Pete Shungu Fong Auditorium

      5:00pm

      Live Music

      (Pete Shungu)Afro DZ Ak and Adam Payne
      Fong Auditorium

      5:30pm

      Closing Remarks

      Harvard HAPA, SwirlBoston
      Fong Auditorium

      9:00pm

      Afterparty (college ID required)
      Pforzheimer House Belltower (we'll help!)

      Directions:

      Boylston hall is the big gray
      building located just inside
      Harvard Yard off of Mass Ave.
      Use Boylston gate (across Mass. Ave
      from Yenching restaurant) or Widener
      gate (across Mass. Ave from Q-doba).
      Boylston hall is the building with
      cobblestones, tables and chairs outside.