Re: two new episodes on multi-ethnic podcast/blog

  • Elizabeth Liang
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 19, 2008
      Hi MGM-Mixed,

      I'm excited to announce the latest episode (#11) in my podcast about the hapa and multi-ethnic experience:

      www.hapahappyhour. libsyn.com

      It's all about Obama!

      Our podcasts are also on iTunes!  Search "Hapa Happy Hour."

      Hope you enjoy! Comments? Please email hapahappyhour@ gmail.com.

      Cheers,
      Lisa
      Hapa Happy Hour co-host
    • loocarola
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 30, 2009
        I never heard of this. I must check this out.
        thanks.
        I am cuban and chinese.

        In MGM-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
        Elizabeth Liang <eliang@...> wrote:

        Hi MGM-Mixed,

        I'm excited to announce two new episodes (#7 and #8) in
        my podcast about the hapa and multi-ethnic experience:

        http://www.hapahappyhour.libsyn.com

        We're also on iTunes!

        Episode list:

        #8 Continuing the conversation about going home, from episode 6,
        the ladies talk about what itʻs like to be seen in various
        parts of the world. And where they feel the most at home.

        #7 Hiwa interviews her father, Terry, in the Honolulu airport.
        He is hapa himself, of Hawaiian and Chinese ancestry.

        #6 Reflecting on our travels this past year and sharing the
        cuisines that make Alaska, Hawaii, and Guatemala so unique.

        #5 We're interviewing our parents! Meet our first
        guest, Rena's dad, Jim, from Chamberlain, South Dakota.
        Find out how this Midwestern farmer fell in
        love with a teacher from the Philippines.

        This week we also touch on the similarities between
        being transracially adopted and being multiracial.

        #4 Celebrate Loving Day, the day the US Supreme court
        decided that mixed race marriage was (finally) legal
        in the United States! We talk about Loving vs Virginia
        and are grateful that our parents weren't arrested.

        #3 Exploring the connection between how we were raised culturally
        and how we view ourselves. Someone can look Chinese but not
        know how to use chopsticks; breaking down stereotypical ideas.

        #2 Further exploration into the backgrounds of Lisa,
        Hiwa and Rena. From Alaska to Hawaiʻi to Guatemala
        and beyond the women have experienced many places.

        #1 Welcome to Hapa Happy Hour where Lisa, Hiwa and
        Rena, who met doing "Three Sisters", explore their
        multi racial experiences from three different backgrounds.

        Hope you enjoy it! Comments?

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 16, 2009
          Hi MGM-Mixed,

          I'm excited to announce the latest episodes (#12 & #13)
          in my podcast about the multi-ethnic experience:

          http://www.hapahappyhour.libsyn.com

          In these episodes we interview our beautiful
          multi-ethnic friends whose "blend" is different
          from ours, yet who share similar experiences.

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 30, 2009
            Dear MGM-Mixed,

            I'm pleased to announce the latest episodes (#14 & #15) in my podcast about the hapa and multi-ethnic experience:

            www.hapahappyhour. libsyn.com

            In these episodes we interview our co-host Rena's mother, Maria, who made the huge move from the Philippines to South Dakota during the Vietnam War and met Rena's dad...and the rest is personal hapa history. :)

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1, 2009
              Dear MGM-Mixed,

              I'm pleased to announce the latest episodes (#16 & #17)
              in my podcast about the hapa and multi-ethnic experience:

              http://www.hapahappyhour.com

              In these episodes our co-host Rena's mother, Maria,
              tells us a little bit more about the Philippines, and
              my father talks about growing up hapa in Guatemala!

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 16, 2009
                Dear MGM-Mixed,

                I'm pleased to announce the latest episode (#18) in my podcast about the hapa and multi-ethnic experience:

                www.hapahappyhour.
                libsyn.com

                In this episode my mother
                 reflects on growing up all over the USA; learning to love languages; moving to Guatemala and marrying into a large Latino family of partially Chinese descent; and more.