brand new episodes on multi-ethnic podcast/blog

  • Elizabeth Liang
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 28 4:19 PM
      Hi MGM-Mixed,

      I'm excited to announce two new episodes (#7 and #8) in my podcast about the hapa and multi-ethnic experience:

      www.hapahappyhour. libsyn.com

      We're also on iTunes!

      Episode list:

      #8 Continuing the conversation about going home, from episode 6, the ladies talk about what itʻs like to be seen in various parts of the world. And where they feel the most at home.

      #7 Hiwa interviews her father, Terry, in the Honolulu airport. He is hapa himself, of Hawaiian and Chinese ancestry.

      #6 Reflecting on our travels this past year and sharing the cuisines that make Alaska, Hawaii, and Guatemala so unique.

      #5 We're interviewing our parents! Meet our first guest, Rena's dad, Jim, from Chamberlain, South Dakota. Find out how this
      Midwestern farmer fell in love with a teacher from the Philippines. This week we also touch on the similarities between being transracially adopted and being multiracial.

      #4 Celebrate Loving Day, the day the US Supreme court decided that mixed race marriage was (finally) legal in the United States! We talk about Loving vs Virginia and are grateful that our parents weren't arrested.

      #3 Exploring the connection between how we were raised culturally and how we view ourselves. Someone can look Chinese but not know how to use chopsticks; breaking down stereotypical ideas.

      #2 Further exploration into the backgrounds of Lisa, Hiwa and Rena. From Alaska to Hawaiʻi to Guatemala and beyond the women have experienced many places.

      #1 Welcome to Hapa Happy Hour where Lisa, Hiwa and Rena, who met doing "Three Sisters", explore their multi racial experiences from three different backgrounds.

      Hope you enjoy it! Comments? Please email hapahappyhour@ gmail.com.

      Cheers,
      Lisa
      Hapa Happy Hour co-host
    • Elizabeth Liang
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2008
        Hi MGM-Mixed,

        I'm excited to announce two new episodes (#9 and #10) in my podcast about the hapa and multi-ethnic experience:

        www.hapahappyhour. libsyn.com

        My co-hosts have also been blogging, and our podcasts are also on iTunes!  Search "Hapa Happy Hour."

        Hope you enjoy! Comments? Please email hapahappyhour@ gmail.com.

        Cheers,
        Lisa
        Hapa Happy Hour co-host
      • Elizabeth Liang
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 19, 2008
          Hi MGM-Mixed,

          I'm excited to announce the latest episode (#11) in my podcast about the hapa and multi-ethnic experience:

          www.hapahappyhour. libsyn.com

          It's all about Obama!

          Our podcasts are also on iTunes!  Search "Hapa Happy Hour."

          Hope you enjoy! Comments? Please email hapahappyhour@ gmail.com.

          Cheers,
          Lisa
          Hapa Happy Hour co-host
        • loocarola
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 30, 2009
            I never heard of this. I must check this out.
            thanks.
            I am cuban and chinese.

            In MGM-Mixed@yahoogroups.com,
            Elizabeth Liang <eliang@...> wrote:

            Hi MGM-Mixed,

            I'm excited to announce two new episodes (#7 and #8) in
            my podcast about the hapa and multi-ethnic experience:

            http://www.hapahappyhour.libsyn.com

            We're also on iTunes!

            Episode list:

            #8 Continuing the conversation about going home, from episode 6,
            the ladies talk about what itʻs like to be seen in various
            parts of the world. And where they feel the most at home.

            #7 Hiwa interviews her father, Terry, in the Honolulu airport.
            He is hapa himself, of Hawaiian and Chinese ancestry.

            #6 Reflecting on our travels this past year and sharing the
            cuisines that make Alaska, Hawaii, and Guatemala so unique.

            #5 We're interviewing our parents! Meet our first
            guest, Rena's dad, Jim, from Chamberlain, South Dakota.
            Find out how this Midwestern farmer fell in

            #4 Celebrate Loving Day, the day the US Supreme court

            #3 Exploring the connection between how we were raised culturally
            and how we view ourselves. Someone can look Chinese but not
            know how to use chopsticks; breaking down stereotypical ideas.

            #2 Further exploration into the backgrounds of Lisa,
            Hiwa and Rena. From Alaska to Hawaiʻi to Guatemala
            and beyond the women have experienced many places.

            #1 Welcome to Hapa Happy Hour where Lisa, Hiwa and
            Rena, who met doing "Three Sisters", explore their
            multi racial experiences from three different backgrounds.

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 16, 2009
              Hi MGM-Mixed,

              I'm excited to announce the latest episodes (#12 & #13)
              in my podcast about the multi-ethnic experience:

              http://www.hapahappyhour.libsyn.com

              In these episodes we interview our beautiful
              multi-ethnic friends whose "blend" is different
              from ours, yet who share similar experiences.

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 30, 2009
                Dear MGM-Mixed,

                I'm pleased to announce the latest episodes (#14 & #15) in my podcast about the hapa and multi-ethnic experience:

                www.hapahappyhour. libsyn.com

                In these episodes we interview our co-host Rena's mother, Maria, who made the huge move from the Philippines to South Dakota during the Vietnam War and met Rena's dad...and the rest is personal hapa history. :)

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 1, 2009
                  Dear MGM-Mixed,

                  I'm pleased to announce the latest episodes (#16 & #17)
                  in my podcast about the hapa and multi-ethnic experience:

                  http://www.hapahappyhour.com

                  In these episodes our co-host Rena's mother, Maria,
                  tells us a little bit more about the Philippines, and
                  my father talks about growing up hapa in Guatemala!

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 16 12:49 AM
                    Dear MGM-Mixed,

                    I'm pleased to announce the latest episode (#18) in my podcast about the hapa and multi-ethnic experience:

                    www.hapahappyhour.
                    libsyn.com

                    In this episode my mother
                     reflects on growing up all over the USA; learning to love languages; moving to Guatemala and marrying into a large Latino family of partially Chinese descent; and more.