RE: I love being mixed!

  • H. Gerbyshak
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2006

      Definitely, wow! I’m glad you have a good
      attitude to go into raising your child.

      I’m curious if you always identified as mixed, or
      did you start out identifying as Indian, or black?

      For me, I was told “You are a little tiny bit Indian”
      but was raised really different, looked different, and
      recently found out that its more than a little tiny bit Indian.

      Actually, I think I just found my great great grandmother
      on the Durant Rolls of the Michigan Chippewa tribe,
      and we found Great great grandpa in another tribe.

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

    • Anthony Boxill
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 25, 2006
        I totally agree

        Anthony

        wergifts2 <soaptalk@...> wrote:
        Hi Darien,

        Just wanted to say ... WOW ... what a great
        introduction ... and ... welcome to 'MGM-Mixed'! !! :)

        We are very glad to see
        that you have become a part of
        our online community and so excited to see how positive
        you are about embracing your full lineage and ancestry.   =D>

        This is a great group; we are sure you will have the
        chance to meet a lot of fantastic new friends here;
        and we are looking forward to hearing more from you !! ;;)

        Welcome again Darien -- and have a great day!!! :)

        -- W

        In MGM-Mixed@yahoogrou ps.com,
        "darienmccarthy" <darienmccarthy@ ...> wrote:

         I love being mixed. I dont hate any other race!
         I get to know others by their food be it thai, brazilian,
         the various arab nations, the various latin and asian foods.
         I've been to a few countries while serving in the military
         and the best part of the system is they allow me to
         be BOTH!! Yes they have a catagory which puts me
         as (european white-afro american black) I love it!
         I never grew up confused cause
         I had both parents growing up.
         My father being Irish/canadian mohawk my mother
         being Black/eastern band cherokee...wow huh?
         If you want to see what this Mix looks like check me
         out in the photos second page titled "mac and cub"
         My little angle's mother is of island heritage so
         the little one has a beautiful complextion with my hair!
         Never let no one dictate who or what you are,
         thats something YOU should do! And never hide it.