Re: Alabama and Family Trees, Branches & Roots

  • wergifts2
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006

      Hi Lynn,

      Thanks for writing.
      Your information is greatly appreciated!

      :)

      Lynn Mari <graceofwynn@...> wrote:

      Hello Were2Gifts-

      Sorry so slow to respond...was having computer problems :(

      The AL Dept of History and Archives is helpful if you know what you need.
      They usually charge a fee for their services.
      I did contact them to get copies of old prison records, and that was really amazing.
      Every county in Alabama has a genealogy web site. I would start there.
      You can also post queries, get tips and look for others with your family name at Afrigeneas.com

      Also, my library has a free subscription to Ancestry.
      You can e-mail me privately at:
      WintyreEve@...
      When I get to the library I can do a search for you.

      I hope your family search is going well!

      :) Lynn