Re: Traditional Indian Names and Christian Names

  • Tiffany B.
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005
      Thanks for the info Courtney. Where can I buy Native American movies,
      besides getting them at National Museum of American Indians in New York
      City. Can I add you on to my Yahoo! Messenger buddy list? Please reply.

      - Tiffany

      "lumbeechic2002" <lumbeechic2002@y...> wrote:

      I know someone had a post on here about native americans
      having a christian name and a traditional name. and I replied
      about the missionary schools. I just remembered a very good
      movie about that same situation called "Where The Spirit Lives"
      starring Michelle St.John(Cree). It in a nutshell it tells what
      the government done to Native Americans to "civilize"them. It is
      based in Canada, but this practice also took place in the U.S.
      So please everyone check this movie out.
    • Pamela ZAHM

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005
          Have you ever heard of a station called WorldLink TV?
          For those who have not they have a hour every week
          dedicated to Indigenous Cultures. They show movies and
          documentaries by and about tribal people. This is were
          I first saw Where The Spirit Lives. Their website is
          www.worldlinktv.org. But to purchase those movies and
          documentaries that are shown on this show which is
          called FirstPeoples Tv go to www.dreamcatchers.org.
          They also show music videos of First Nations people on
          this tv channe. Sure you can add me to your buddy
          list. my screen name is dancingbeauty99.look forward
          to hearing from you.