Hello!

  • laquizag
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2005
      Hi!
      I just joined this group, and I'm excited already. The only way any
      change comes about is if enough people talk about it, and I'm sure we
      can all agree that race relations in general need vast improvement in
      this country.
      I am a Black female, of Jamaican and Native American descent. I just
      call myself Black, it's easier. My main problem is that I am married to
      a Hispanic male. This is not a problem for us, but the rest of the
      world sure seems to have a problem with it. We get everything from rude
      stares to downright stupid questions ("don't you hope your children are
      born with straight hair like his?"). Most of the time I'm left baffled
      and speechless by the rampant stupidity in this world.
      We suffer, but what will our children have to put up with? That's one
      of the reasons I'm so excited about this group. I'm hoping to see what
      it's really like for people of mixed descent, and how we can all make
      it better.
      Thanks for having me!
    • wergifts2
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2005
        Welcome to the group !!!!
        We are glad to have you here.

        There is at least one other member here who
        is also of West Indian / Jamaican descent!!

        Again -- welcome !!

        In mgmafroeuropeans@yahoogroups.com,
        "laquizag" <laquizag@y...> wrote:

        Hi!

        I just joined this group,
        and I'm excited already.

        The only way any change comes about is if enough people
        talk about it, and I'm sure we can all agree that race
        relations in general need vast improvement in this country.

        I am a ... of Jamaican and Native American
        descent.... married to a Hispanic male. ...