I'm Ashley

  • loveashleyright
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2005
      hey,
      My name is Ashley. My mom is french and irish, my dad is african
      american. I joined this group because I'm trying to learn more about
      myself. Multi generational mixed? My dad is african american, alot of
      people say black. The thing is he was telling me more about his
      family, my half indian grandmother, and grandfather who also as white
      in him. That would mean my dad is mixed, so am I still bi-raical, or
      multi generational mixed? I'm 19, and my mom left my sister and I with
      my dad when I was 3 months old. I dont really feel mixed...I dont feel
      the whole 'I'm not black enough, and the white people dont like me
      either' thing.
    • john
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10, 2005
        Welcome ashley!I would assume you are technically an mgm.Since your mother is white(french and irish) and your dad who is african american with indian and white mixer then you are multigenerationally mixed plus first generationally mixed too cause you are biracial.I am an mgm also but I'm not first gen mixed meaning biracial.I am jamaican who is of black and scottish descent.My greatgrand father is white scottish on my paternal father's side.My mom is black jamaican but is distantly mixed.I am directly descended from my scottish greatgrand father.Plus his mulatto son which is my grand father could pass for white.So in apearance I still look first gen mixed but I'm not that's why I consider myself mgm.You can join zacks group also,called mulattoez.We are members over there and there are more postings over there.

        loveashleyright <loveashleyright@...> wrote:

        hey,
        My name is Ashley. My mom is french and irish, my dad is african
        american.  I joined this group because I'm trying to learn more about
        myself.  Multi generational mixed? My dad is african american, alot of
        people say black.  The thing is he was telling me more about his
        family, my half indian grandmother, and grandfather who also as white
        in him.  That would mean my dad is mixed, so am I still bi-raical, or
        multi generational mixed? I'm 19, and my mom left my sister and I with
        my dad when I was 3 months old. I dont really feel mixed...I dont feel
        the whole 'I'm not black enough, and the white people dont like me
        either' thing.

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • Ashley Samson
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10, 2005
          hey John,
          Okay, I was just woundering what my father's side and my moms side would make me.
          I don't know how good you are with technology, but I want to load my picture to my profile and I cant figure it out. Could you help me?

          http://mail.yahoo.com