Love thy neighbor --- but do not ever 'bake' for them ....

  • wergifts2
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2005
      Has anyone here heard about this story where a Colorado
      judge fined some teens more than $900 because they gave
      home-baked cookies to their neighbors -- and one neighbor said
      that she found their `random act of kindness' to be "frightening" ?

      IMO, this story makes that lady --> who (apparently mistaking
      her inner-thighs for either a cup holder or a saucer) ended
      up suing McDonalds (and winning millions) when a cup
      of hot coffee left her badly burned <-- look like Einstein.

      Am I the only one who thinks the judicial system in going insane?
      Why does everyone seem to want to be a victim these days?
      Why are there some people who find 'glory in
      victimization' -- no matter how stupid their claim?

      http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor.../odd_cookies_dc

      Is there even a point in claiming we still
      have a true legal system in this nation?
    • Mike Bryant
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2005
        I dunno.....

        Somehow it seems, with every passing day, that the BERLIN WALL that was dismantled in EAST GERMANY in 1989....is NOW being RE-BUILT PIECE BY PIECE...BRICK BY BRICK....in the Good Ol' U.S.A....which is APPARENTLY SUPPOSED TO BE a FREE and OPEN DEMOCRACY!!!!!

        Scary..

        Mike Bryant

        YogiBearLives@...

        wergifts2 <soaptalk@...> wrote:

        Has anyone here heard about this story where a Colorado
        judge fined some teens more than $900 because they gave
        home-baked cookies to their neighbors -- and one neighbor said
        that she found their `random act of kindness' to be "frightening" ?

        IMO, this story makes that lady --> who (apparently mistaking
        her inner-thighs for either a cup holder or a saucer) ended
        up suing McDonalds (and winning millions) when a cup
        of hot coffee left her badly burned <-- look like Einstein.

        Am I the only one who thinks the judicial system in going insane?
        Why does everyone seem to want to be a victim these days?
        Why are there some people who find 'glory in
        victimization' -- no matter how stupid their claim?

        http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor.../odd_cookies_dc

        Is there even a point in claiming we still
        have a true legal system in this nation?

        "A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."

        - H. L. Mencken

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • wergifts2
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 14, 2005
          UPDATE:

          Due to receiving harassment and possible threats,
          the father of one of the cookie-caper teens has had to file a
          `restraining order' against husband of woman who sued.

          http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4171413/detail.html

          Angry Suer=Wanita Renea Young
          Her Husband=Herb Young