CIMS

  • Barbara A. Hotelling
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2011

      CIMS and the Breastfeeding and Feminism Symposium Series encourage you to help spread the word about the upcoming “Reframing Birth and Breastfeeding: Moving Forward”, March 11-12, 2011, in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.  As our Valentine’s Day gift, we’re extending the deadline for registrants to take advantage of reduced Early Bird registration rates through February 14, 2011.

      Another way that we are sharing the love this Valentine’s Day is by offering an exceptional conference program, a copy of which is attached. The conference program includes more than 22 hours of educational programming, and attendees may qualify for more than 13 contact hours for their participation.  Speakers include Eugene Declercq, Miriam Labbok, Penny Simkin, Susan Ludington, Lori Dorfman, Best for Babes’ Bettina Forbes and Danielle Rigg, Bernice Hausman, Jacqueline Wolf, and many more.  That’s a lot to love!

      Here are 3 ways that you can share the love with your friends and colleagues.

      1.       Email the attached promotional flyer to your list of contacts or print and share it at events, meetings, and at work.
      2.       Feature the attached promotional image and a link to www.motherfriendly.org/forum.php on your website.
      3.       Post, like, share and promote conference information on Facebook, Twitter and other social media.

      Here are 5 ways that you can share the love on Facebook.

      1.       Let others know that you love this event by RSVP’ing on the Facebook Event page at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=178315832196623&index=1.  (please note that RSVP’ing does not imply registration. Online registration is only available at www.motherfriendly.org/forum.php)
      2.       Invite your Facebook friends through the Facebook Event page - click on “Select Guests To Invite” or “Share”.
      3.       Are you Facebook friends with one of our esteemed speakers? Share your enthusiasm for their upcoming appearance with a post to their Facebook wall!
      4.       Post, like, share. Post on your wall, friends' walls, the CIMS fan page wall, the event page wall. Every time you post, like and share, you are increasing the universe of people who see information about this exciting conference.
      5.       Promote the event with a Facebook ad.  In less than 10 minutes, you can create a targeted ad that includes the promotional image and links back to conference website (www.motherfriendly.org/forum.php).  You’ll love how easy it is!

      We extend a heartfelt thanks to InJoy Birth and Parenting Education and to Lansinoh Laboratories for their Leader Level Sponsorship, to Midwives Alliance of North America and the American Association of Birth Centers for their Advocate Level Sponsorship, to the Simkin Center and Department of Midwifery at Bastyr University for their Supporter Level Sponsorship, to MobyWrap for donating the attendee bags, and to all conference exhibitors and advertisers for their support and participation.   We look forward to seeing you soon!

      Sincerely,
      Denna

      Denna L. SukoExecutive Director
      Coalition for Improving Maternity Services (CIMS)
      1500 Sunday Dr Ste 102
      Raleigh, NC  27607Tel: 919-863-9482
      Fax: 919-787-4916dsuko@...

      REGISTER TODAY!
      “Reframing Birth and Breastfeeding: Moving Forward” | March 11-12 | Chapel Hill, North Carolina
      Hosted by: CIMS, the Carolina Global Breastfeeding Institute at UNC Chapel Hill, and the Center for Women’s Health & Wellness at UNC Greensboro
      --
      Barbara A. Hotelling
      MSN, WHNP-BC, LCCE, CD(DONA)

      The health of mothers, infants, and children is of critical importance, both as a reflection of the current health status of a large segment of the U.S. population and as a predictor of the health of the next generation. HP 2010