Re: Re:[MEXLIST] SBC Flat Cars

  • jd rodriguez
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 22 10:26 PM
      thanks is there any chance of finding out their build date
      my era is from 1955-1972 but even if they were build beyond that era
      it would be nice to know thanks again

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 23 5:15 AM
        Jonathan wrote:

        > thanks is there any chance of finding out their build date
        > my era is from 1955-1972 but even if they were build beyond that era
        > it would be nice to know thanks again

        THE OFFICIAL RAILWAY EQUIPMENT REGISTER does not give build dates. However,
        if someone has an older edition one from your era (1955-1972), it would
        indicate either the presence or absence of the cars (SBC 4551-4572) in the
        fleet of Ferrocarril Sonora Baja California. Anyone?

        The October 1987 edition that I have lists 18 cars in the 4551-4572 number
        series, out of the 22 that would have filled the series when they were new.
        That means that they had existed long enough for 18 percent of them to be
        lost, most likely to wrecks.

        Lowell G. McManus
        Eagle Pass, Texas, USA
      • CABUTO VIDRIO J UAN JOSE
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 23 7:06 AM
          There were 2 batches for this flat cars.

          SBC 4551-4560 came from lot order number CNCFSA 62 (10 flat cars) with capacity of 66,679 Kg. made in 1969, while SBC 4561-4572 came from lot order number CNCFSA 65 (12 flat cars) with same capacity of 66,679 Kg but made in 1970.

          Yours.Juan Cabuto.
          Tijuana Division.
        • jd rodriguez
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 23 4:18 PM
            thanks guys now all i need is to find some photos which will probably be hard
            thanks again