No LRPT service on METOP-B and METOP-C

  • David J Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2008
      This was posted on the GEO-Subscribers Yahoo group. My thanks to Randy.

      Cheers,
      David
      Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
      Email: davidtaylor@...

      Thought I would share this ..

      Notification No : 300004466

      Dear Randy Swart,

      Subject : 300004466 Data Dissemination

      I have received the below reply from the Head of the EPS team regarding
      LRPT

      **************
      Due to problems encountered with the LRPT transmitter on Metop-A and the
      infeasibility of rectifying these for Metop B and C, it has been decided
      to discontinue the LRPT operational service. Although the transmitter
      will remain mounted on the Metop-B and C, there are no plans to make it
      operational.

      I am sorry that our reply could not be more positive.

      Best regards

      Debbie Richards

      User Service Helpdesk
      EUMETSAT User Service