Quote from the American Physical Society

  • carbonprobe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2002
      Somebody sent me this newsletter.

      WHAT'S NEW Robert L. Park Friday, 28 Jun 02 Washington, DC

      1. FREE ENERGY: APS BOARD SPEAKS OUT ON PERPETUAL MOTION. Well,
      it's not exactly the frontier of physics research, but somebody
      had to say it. Already this year we've had the Jasker Power
      System (WN 25 Jan 02), Chukanov Quantum Energy (WN 8 Feb 02), and
      the Motionless Electromagnetic Generator (WN 5 Apr 02). Not to
      mention Bubble Fusion (WN 1 Mar 02), hydrino rockets (WN 21 Jun
      02), and whatever scam Dennis Lee is running now (WN 3 May 02).
      So, on Saturday, 22 June, the Executive Board of the American
      Physical Society unanimously adopted the following statement:

      "The Executive Board of the American Physical Society
      is concerned that in this period of unprecedented
      scientific advance, misguided or fraudulent claims of
      perpetual motion machines and other sources of
      unlimited free energy are proliferating. Such devices
      would directly violate the most fundamental laws of
      Nature, laws that have guided the scientific advances
      that are transforming our world."

      I really don't know what or who the APS is but it seems they should
      start learning about physics.
      Ken