Request for information

  • martin_b195
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2002
      I've read a lot of the web postings and newsgroup postings, but I
      haven't yet found any explanation of why the MEG apparently only
      works with non-linear and time-varying loads (e.g. gas discharge
      lamps) on high-voltage outputs. Has any explanation been published?
      Or has anyone published experimental results that show that it also
      works with linear loads on low-voltage outputs?

      And secondly, I've built and used inductors, transformers, and
      switching circuits for many years, and experimented with and used
      magnets since I was a kid. I've learned at first hand that magnetic
      devices are about as consistent and reproducible as the other
      products of "conventional" physics. Transformers, inductors, and
      permanent magnets roll off the production lines by the million every
      single day without a problem. So can anyone explain why it is so
      difficult to reproduce the experimental results reported by the
      original inventors? Are there any papers out there that talk about
      this?

      Martin
    • Cyril SMITH
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1 3:16 AM
        Hi Martin,

        > I've read a lot of the web postings and newsgroup postings, but I
        > haven't yet found any explanation of why the MEG apparently only
        > works with non-linear and time-varying loads (e.g. gas discharge
        > lamps)

        Forget about non linear loads. Bearden's MEG does not require non linear
        loads.

        > on high-voltage outputs.

        The MEG patent says that the voltage output can be any value you want just
        by changing the turns ratio.

        > Has any explanation been published?

        You could try to understand Bearden's explanation -grin-.

        > Or has anyone published experimental results that show that it also
        > works with linear loads on low-voltage outputs?

        Bearden's original MEG paper shows results with a linear load.

        > And secondly, I've built and used inductors, transformers, and
        > switching circuits for many years, and experimented with and used
        > magnets since I was a kid. I've learned at first hand that magnetic
        > devices are about as consistent and reproducible as the other
        > products of "conventional" physics. Transformers, inductors, and
        > permanent magnets roll off the production lines by the million every
        > single day without a problem. So can anyone explain why it is so
        > difficult to reproduce the experimental results reported by the
        > original inventors?

        The original inventors have not revealed the fine detail of their invention
        (like how they wind their coils).

        > Are there any papers out there that talk about
        > this?

        Jean-Louis Naudin claims to have replicated the MEG results, but he needed a
        non-linear load. I am analysing the latest info from the patent (it tells
        us some coil details like numbers of turns). This may lead me towards some
        form of explanation (which will be about number 100 of useless explanations
        for how it works!)

        Regards
        Cyril
      • creator
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1 9:27 PM
          > From: "martin_b195" <martin_b195@...>

          > I've read a lot of the web postings and newsgroup postings, but I
          > haven't yet found any explanation of why the MEG apparently only
          > works with non-linear and time-varying loads (e.g. gas discharge
          > lamps) on high-voltage outputs. Has any explanation been published?

          I published my speculations related to that question
          more than a year ago. You can read them on my website at:

          http://www.flyinghouse.com/creator/science/meg/megspec.html

          Actually, that is more of a "how" speculation about using switching
          to achieve the real purpose of the non-linear load. As to the "why",
          I believe it has to do with what Bearden often speaks of as "regauging"
          - i.e., by switching the load, the MEG "grabs the brass ring" as it
          comes around, taking advantage of the entrained Poynting flow by
          re-referencing it to a load. Or, another way to look at it: eliminate
          the effect of "back EMF" during the time when input power is driving
          the steering coils, then switch in the load when the permanent
          magnet is driving the flux change.

          Just my two cents worth of pure speculation. Let me know what you
          think.

          Regards,

          -Dann
          Dann McCreary http://flyinghouse.com creator@...
          "Since you are precious in My sight, Since you are honored
          and I love you, I will give other men in your place and
          other peoples in exchange for your life." - Isaiah 43
        • mayerstan
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1 9:38 PM
            --- In MEG_builders@y..., "creator" <creator@f...> wrote:

            (Heavily snipped)

            > Actually, that is more of a "how" speculation about using switching
            > to achieve the real purpose of the non-linear load. As to
            the "why",
            > I believe it has to do with what Bearden often speaks of
            as "regauging"
            > - i.e., by switching the load, the MEG "grabs the brass ring" as it
            > comes around, taking advantage of the entrained Poynting flow by
            > re-referencing it to a load.

            > Or, another way to look at it: eliminate
            > the effect of "back EMF" during the time when input power is driving
            > the steering coils, then switch in the load when the permanent
            > magnet is driving the flux change.

            For what it's worth re: eliminating back EMF, I agree with you. But
            just how this is accomplished, has yet to be shown/determined :-)

            Just MY two cents :-)

            Stan
          • David Thomson
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 1 9:43 PM
              Stan,

              >For what it's worth re: eliminating back EMF, I agree with you. But just
              how this is accomplished, has yet to be shown/determined :-)

              Have you read my energy pulse model yet?

              http://www.tesla-coil-builder.com/c2_and_longitudinal_waves.htm

              The qualities of mass and energy cannot transcend the limits of the material
              universe. But the qualities of conductance, inductance, and capacitance
              belong to the aether and are not subject to the limitations of E=mc^2.

              Dave
            • mayerstan
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 2 10:49 AM
                --- In MEG_builders@y..., "David Thomson" <dave@v...> wrote:
                > Stan,
                >
                > (You wrote)
                >
                > >For what it's worth re: eliminating back EMF, I agree with you.
                > > But just how this is accomplished, has yet to be
                > >shown/determined :-)
                >
                > Have you read my energy pulse model yet?
                >
                > http://www.tesla-coil-builder.com/c2_and_longitudinal_waves.htm
                >
                > The qualities of mass and energy cannot transcend the limits of the
                material
                > universe. But the qualities of conductance, inductance, and
                capacitance
                > belong to the aether and are not subject to the limitations of
                E=mc^2.

                > Dave
                ---------------------------
                Dave,

                Yes, I have sped reviewed the information at your site. It appears
                that you have a solid grasp on math and theory. Sadly I could not
                find any pictures or schematics of your MEG. Perhaps they are on
                another page at your site. With all your knowledge, I am sure you
                are either building one or are about to. I am looking forward to
                seeing your formulas and theories applied to the MEG as that is what
                this site is about. As you know, there is a tremendous amount of
                theoretical stuff out there but apparently darned few people that are
                willing to actually test their theories :-). I really look forward
                to seeing your MEG test results!

                Very best regards,

                Stan
                P.S. If there is anyway that I can help you with your meg ... like
                perhaps recommendations for sources for parts, methods for achieving
                fast current transition times in your primaries and like that, please
                don't hesitate to contact me.
              • David Thomson
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 2 12:05 PM
                  Hi Stan,

                  >Yes, I have sped reviewed the information at your site. It appears that
                  you have a solid grasp on math and theory. Sadly I could not find any
                  pictures or schematics of your MEG. Perhaps they are on another page at
                  your site. With all your knowledge, I am sure you are either building one
                  or are about to.

                  I started working on the MEG, actually a crossbreed between Tesla's black
                  box and the MEG (they both use the same technology). When I started this
                  project I realized I had to fully understand the math and science behind it.
                  So I have a complete collection of all known Tesla writings, patents, and
                  many articles about him. I have also studied Bearden's MEG paper. As I was
                  studying Tesla's work from HIS point of view, I began to see a more coherent
                  model of energy, which resulted in the paper referenced in my other post.

                  As a result of my mathematical and theoretical discoveries, I felt compelled
                  to apply for a federal grant for fully developing the energy pulse model.
                  I'm currently waiting for the NSF approval or decline. Just last night
                  someone offered me 20 acres with a log cabin in a remote area with telephone
                  and electricity and some spending money. So now I have to get prepared to
                  move my lab in about a month or so.

                  Just this morning I received an email from a Canadian physics professor with
                  some important information that I am certain I can use to unify gravity and
                  charge. So now I will be working a couple days on that, too.

                  Right now I'm in the process of building special flat spiral / solenoid
                  secondary coil combinations in the likeness of Tesla's Wardencliffe system.
                  I'm almost finished with the construction. This coil, along with my rack
                  mount full of test equipment will begin to provide me with solid data to
                  pinpoint the exact nature of aether conductance and how to exploit it. From
                  there I will finally build a working model.

                  I have been following the MEG-Builders group for a year or so. But I have
                  also been methodically knocking off all the necessary chores before building
                  a working MEG device. I don't like working in the dark a la Thomas Edison
                  trial and error methods. I want to hone in precisely on the technology and
                  provide a fool-proof, reproducible energy generator that works for anybody
                  who builds one.

                  In the meantime, if you would like, I can keep you guys abreast of my
                  discoveries and guide you as I have time. If not, I can wait until I have
                  the time, data and resources to build my own unit. And then I'll share the
                  information.

                  Dave
                • Colin Quinney
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 2 4:03 PM
                    > Just this morning I received an email from a Canadian physics professor
                    with
                    > some important information that I am certain I can use to unify gravity
                    and
                    > charge. So now I will be working a couple days on that, too.
                    >
                    > Right now I'm in the process of building special flat spiral / solenoid
                    > secondary coil combinations in the likeness of Tesla's Wardencliffe
                    system.
                    > I'm almost finished with the construction. This coil, along with my rack
                    > mount full of test equipment will begin to provide me with solid data to
                    > pinpoint the exact nature of aether conductance and how to exploit it.
                    From
                    > there I will finally build a working model.

                    Hi David,

                    This is my first MEG post. That paper relating gravity to charge sure sounds
                    interesting. Electro- or magneto- gravity modification is an ongoing
                    interest of mine.

                    I came across a Tesla patent ( US685012 ) which stated that he submerged the
                    flat coil in a cold bath of liquid air to affect an "extraordinary
                    magnification of intensity in the resonant circuit". I am not on any of the
                    Tesla lists so I don't know if this is being done today, but it sure sounds
                    like an interesting idea for reducing coil resistance. Lots of swirling
                    mists generated also for neat effects :-)

                    Best Regards,
                    Colin Quinney
                  • David Thomson
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 2 8:06 PM
                      Hi Colin,

                      I agree with your assessment. I'm aware of the patent. It turns out that
                      conductance is a quality of the aether and not of energy/mass. It happens
                      that conductance is the inverse of resistance, however. What this means to
                      me is that if the resistance is reduced to near zero then the conductance is
                      increased to a very high value. So the submerging in liquid air of any
                      device that uses the quality of inductance for its power source will result
                      in greater power output.

                      Heat is an enemy of the MEG.

                      If you want to discuss Coulomb's Plane and Gravity, we could do that on the
                      spiral coils list. This list is very focused on the MEG device only.

                      Dave