Re: [MEG_builders] Re: (Info) GOOD NEWS : The Tom Bearden's MEG IS PATENTED

  • Cyril SMITH
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 31, 2002
      Hi Mike,

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Mike Watson <mike@...>
      To: <MEG_builders@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2002 8:31 PM
      Subject: Re: [MEG_builders] Re: (Info) GOOD NEWS : The Tom Bearden's MEG IS
      PATENTED

      > Hi Cyril,
      >
      > Yes I agree, that is why I said average current and average volts to get
      the power. The best way is using a calorimeter, but that is surprisingly
      difficult. I remember Harold Putoff discussing this very fact. He found that
      even commercial broad band calorimeters were frequently in error. The
      problem is in those ever present high amplitude fast spikes which require
      very high sampling rates to capture with a scope and of course these spikes
      are shunted by the self capacity of monitoring resistors etc etc.

      > I suppose connecting output to input is the only sure way with a load
      connected at the same time.

      > By the way, I know you built a MEG are you going to have another go at it
      in the light (if any) of the patent?

      No I will leave that to others. I see nothing in the patent to give me a
      warm feeling about replication. I would not be surprised to find
      replication difficult because of what is NOT in the patent. What the patent
      does give me is the info to allow me to do a more detailed analysis of the
      fluxes and mmf's inside the MEG, to help search out exacly where the OU
      occurs (is it in the primary?, is it in the secondary?, is it in the
      magnet?, is it in the core?). I will report back when I have some results.

      Regards
      Cyril
    • Mike Watson
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 1, 2002
        Hi Cyril,

        I have been wondering whether the reported OU of the MEG is an example of thermodynamic adiabatic cooling. The change in entropy due to domain rotation extracting heat from the core itself. Aspden has a patent for a motor using this process US 4,975,608. If this process were to suck up I2R losses plus environmental heat it could make the MEG appear OU. The dependance of the MEG on the material in the core could point in this direction. Also the use of neodymium magnets could easily bring the iron close to the  saturation point where the BH curve is very non-linear and cooling process would occur.

        If this were the case, the timing of the input current waveform becomes all important. Incidently I believe Aspden actually built his motor, he got some government funding!

        Regards

        Mike

      • dtb1000
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 1, 2002
          The magnet could of been subject to preconditioning. Beardon received
          information from Sweet and claimed he couldn't release any
          information due to law suits from Sweet's contibutors.

          There is no mention of preconditioning in the patent. The end result
          is that interested parties will have to purchase one to find out how
          it works if it ever becomes available.

          DTB
        • Cyril SMITH
          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 3, 2002
            Hi Mike,

            I know of Aspden's work. Incidentally I will be going to the 2nd Berlin
            Conference for Innovative Energy Technologies in June and I hope to meet
            Aspden there (he is presenting a paper "Our Future Energy Source - The
            Vacuum"). It looks like being an interesting three days, with names like
            Hal Fox, the Graneau Brothers Peter and Neil, Paramahamsa Tewari and many
            more!

            Cyril

            > Yes I agree, that is why I said average current and average volts to get
            the power. The best way is using a calorimeter, but that is surprisingly
            difficult. I remember Harold Putoff discussing this very fact. He found
            that
            even commercial broad band calorimeters were frequently in error. The
            problem is in those ever present high amplitude fast spikes which require
            very high sampling rates to capture with a scope and of course these
            spikes
            are shunted by the self capacity of monitoring resistors etc etc.

            > I suppose connecting output to input is the only sure way with a load
            connected at the same time.

            > By the way, I know you built a MEG are you going to have another go at
            it
            in the light (if any) of the patent?

            No I will leave that to others. I see nothing in the patent to give me a
            warm feeling about replication. I would not be surprised to find
            replication difficult because of what is NOT in the patent. What the
            patent
            does give me is the info to allow me to do a more detailed analysis of the
            fluxes and mmf's inside the MEG, to help search out exacly where the OU
            occurs (is it in the primary?, is it in the secondary?, is it in the
            magnet?, is it in the core?). I will report back when I have some
            results.

            Regards
            Cyril

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Main page:

            MEG_Builders@yahoogroups.com

            To contact the moderator of this group, send email to
            MEG_Builders-owner@yahoogroups.com

            MEG_Builders-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

          • mayerstan
            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 3, 2002
              --- In MEG_builders@y..., "Cyril SMITH" <cyrilsmith@c...> wrote:
              > Hi Mike,
              >
              > I know of Aspden's work. Incidentally I will be going to the 2nd
              Berlin
              > Conference for Innovative Energy Technologies in June and I hope to
              meet
              > Aspden there (he is presenting a paper "Our Future Energy Source -
              The
              > Vacuum"). It looks like being an interesting three days, with
              names like
              > Hal Fox, the Graneau Brothers Peter and Neil, Paramahamsa Tewari
              and many
              > more!
              >
              > Cyril

              Cyril,

              I hope you come back from the conference with something that can be
              related to the MEG. Remember that this what our site is about :-)

              Stan
            • Cyril SMITH
              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 4, 2002
                Hi Stan,