Re: (Info) GOOD NEWS : The Tom Bearden's MEG IS PATENTED

  • mayerstan
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 27, 2002
      --- In MEG_builders@y..., jnaudin509@a... wrote:

      <Original message snipped for the sake of brevity>

      > Dear ALL,
      >
      > GOOD NEWS !!!!
      >
      > The Motionless Electromagnetic Generator
      > from Tom Bearden is now PATENTED
      > US 6362718 granted on March 26, 2002
      >
      > <A HREF="http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?
      Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2Fsearch-
      bool.html&r=0&f=S&l=50&TERM1=6362718&FIELD1=&co1=AND&TERM2=&FIELD2=&d=
      ft00">US Patent 6,362,718</A> :

      > Appl. No.: 656313
      > Filed: September 6, 2000
      >
      > Best Regards
      > Jean-Louis Naudin

      Jean-Louis,

      Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention!!!!!!!

      I have to admit that I was beginning to wonder if there really was a
      patent in progress so this comes as very good news. I find the
      patent disclosure to be quite descriptive and I THINK that with my
      current AMCC cored "MEG", I should be able to modify it relatively
      easily (I hope) to match the patent but we shall see :-) This must
      feel very good for you that the patent has at last been approved and
      that it shows a very close match between your meg and Dr. Beardens :-
      ) !!!

      Thanks so much and .... very best regards,

      Stan

      P.S. Now that the patent has been released, I hope that perhaps you
      can share more details with us about your replications.
    • dtb1000
      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 27, 2002
        Does anybody know if there is a working MEG model? I believe the info
        previously posted stated that the MEG was being assembled by a company
        in a foreign country.

        The patent states the MEG will operate from it's own power after
        starting.

        The patent states that the magnet will become demagnetized. IF the
        magnet is the source of the energy, what happens when the magnet
        energy is depleted? Will the MEG run? This sounds like something that
        Floyd Sweet was doing.

        I didn't see anything about nonlinear loads. Did they deliberately
        leave it out or is a linear load required?

        DTB
      • learntrade
        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 28, 2002
          Those not following jlnlabs, jean-louis has mentioned a different
          group "megproject", that had apparently existed since 2000, but is
          being "unfrozen" (frozen while patent discovery or whatever was in
          progress)...

          In a way, it might be nice for some of us if the two were combined -
          on the other hand, maybe having duplicated info is a good idea anyway.
        • Dave N.
          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 28, 2002
            DTB,

            I'm sure there's several working MEGs out there, I believe the only one the group currently has access to is Jean's.  Whether or not he can be forthcoming with operational details depends on what arrangement he worked out with Magnetic Energy Ltd.  Jean?  Can you release some of the details now?..

            From what I've read, Bearden does talk about the magnetic field being depleted from the hammering the magnet gets when the MEG is in operation (simply put, it gets demagnetized).  With NdIBs, though, some of us guesstimated they would have a half-life of 3000 years under such conditions.  During this time period you would get energy out many times over the energy it took to magnetize the NdIBs and run the MEG.

            Floyd Sweet's VTA, I believe, required the magnets be put into a form of self oscillation (buzzing) that allowed for energy extraction.  This buzzing wore off, eventually, which is a different thing entirely from losing the magnetic field.

            With respect to the loads - You got me.  I've always thought a load was a load was a load.  Anyone want to take a stab at it?

            Best,

            Dave N.

            Does anybody know if there is a working MEG model? I believe the info
            previously posted stated that the MEG was being assembled by a company
            in a foreign country.

            The patent states the MEG will operate from it's own power after
            starting.

            The patent states that the magnet will become demagnetized. IF the
            magnet is the source of the energy, what happens when the magnet
            energy is depleted? Will the MEG run? This sounds like something that
            Floyd Sweet was doing.

            I didn't see anything about nonlinear loads. Did they deliberately
            leave it out or is a linear load required?

            DTB

            Main page:

              MEG_Builders@yahoogroups.com

              To contact the moderator of this group, send email to
              MEG_Builders-owner@yahoogroups.com

              MEG_Builders-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

          • learntrade
            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 29, 2002
              Is it (or could it be) designed in such a way that the magnetic field
              continues to be provided by coils/inductors powered by what its
              producing within itself?

              --- In MEG_builders@y..., "dtb1000" <dtb1000@y...> wrote:
              ...snip...
              > The patent states the MEG will operate from it's own power after
              > starting.
              >
              > The patent states that the magnet will become demagnetized. IF the
              > magnet is the source of the energy, what happens when the magnet
              > energy is depleted?
              ...snip...
              > DTB
            • John Chiu
              Message 6 of 22 , Mar 29, 2002
                DTB & Dave,

                Here's my two cents.

                After looking at the patent, one of the things that struck me (and apparently you too) was the omission of the non-linear load descriptions.  Someone has reported that a non-linear and resistive load is required to get the "right" waveforms.  Most real world loads are linear and resistive.  How practical is this MEG?

                Some tidbits I gathered from the patent:

                1.  no mention of Bearden theories,  the authors danced a bit to avoid perpetual motion machine claims,
                2.  the magnet used measures 1.0"x1.5"x1.575" and is type neodymium $$$$ ( I though Bearden mentioned somewhere that magnets were "ordinary."),
                3.  low output voltage was mentioned as possible but not demonstrated (something to hide?) --> It's a lot safer to work with low voltages!
                4.  core used is apparently honeywell part no. AMCC-630, cross-section a bit larger than the Naudin core: AMCC-320,
                5.  Bearden not listed as first inventor, looks like Patrick did all the grunt work or he knows more about the MEG than Bearden. :).

                It would be nice if more than one person besides Naudin could replicate the device.  I need to get a AMCC-630 core and some custom neo magnets to see if the MEG does have COP's greater than unity.

                Regards,

                John

                Message 7 of 22 , Mar 29, 2002
                  Hi John,

                  After looking at the patent, one of the things that struck me (and apparently you too) was the omission of the non-linear load descriptions.  Someone has reported that a non-linear and resistive load is required to get the "right" waveforms.  Most real world loads are linear and resistive.  How practical is this MEG?
                  Bearden never mentioned a non-linear load, so this is not a requirement.  The non-linear load idea comes from Jean-Louis who found that his MEG replication needed a non linear load, which he "manufactured" by "conditioning" a resistor.

                  Some tidbits I gathered from the patent:

                  1.  no mention of Bearden theories,  the authors danced a bit to avoid perpetual motion machine claims,

                  And some!  The bit about the magnet running down over time was obviously put in to placate the examiners.  Bearden's MEG paper clearly states that the magnet does not run down.

                  2.  the magnet used measures 1.0"x1.5"x1.575" and is type neodymium $$$$ ( I though Bearden mentioned somewhere that magnets were "ordinary."),

                  Isn't neodymium ordinary these days?  You find them everywhere.

                  3.  low output voltage was mentioned as possible but not demonstrated (something to hide?) --> It's a lot safer to work with low voltages!
                  4.  core used is apparently honeywell part no. AMCC-630, cross-section a bit larger than the Naudin core: AMCC-320,
                  5.  Bearden not listed as first inventor, looks like Patrick did all the grunt work or he knows more about the MEG than Bearden. :).

                  It would be nice if more than one person besides Naudin could replicate the device.  I need to get a AMCC-630 core and some custom neo magnets to see if the MEG does have COP's greater than unity.
                  Don't hold your breath.  The patent says nothing about the clever methods employed to make it work overunity (like how it uses the Aharanov-Bohm effect).  And I bet the MEG team keep these under wraps.

                  Regards
                  Cyril
                • Michael Couch
                  Message 8 of 22 , Mar 29, 2002
                    John,

                    I'm not so sure those are neodium. My experiments with neodium magnets have
                    shown me that while the field is very strong locally it has a very short
                    reach. Experiments with Adams motors for instance because of the scale
                    worked better with common magnets than with more powerful neodiums perhaps
                    micro versions would be more efficient and useful with neodiums or if
                    tollerances were highly refined to .10mm or better nediums would be better
                    in Adams motors than ceramic or other magnets. The combination of field and
                    flux size vs. strength and reach of the magnetic field must be carefully
                    balanced within an Adams motor and I suspect might cause similar
                    considerations in a MEG though my first impression was that neodiums would
                    be superior as well. I have since changed my tune.

                    Michael Couch

                  • dtb1000
                    Message 9 of 22 , Mar 29, 2002
                      Cyril,

                      Another note is that the patent is well written and not in the usual
                      Beardon text. His name does not appear first on the patent. Beardon is
                      getting up in years. Pehaps the patent was delivered on his behalf by
                      his associates.

                      I have no problem gathering material to attempt duplication if there
                      was "Proof of Performance" by whomever has a working MEG.

                      Until then I intend to wait for validated information.

                      Regards,

                      DTB
                    • Mike Watson
                      Message 10 of 22 , Mar 30, 2002
                        Hi all,

                        I am immediately suspicious when I see waveforms with a lot of high order harmonics as suggested in the MEG patent. It is amazing how apparent overunity effects dissappear if measured with expensive test equipment, such as an $10,000 LeCroy or Tektronix scope that give true broad band averages of voltage and current. I have found this through bitter experience. I had the good fortune to be able to borrow one once, unfortunately for only a short time.

                        Mike

                        Message 11 of 22 , Mar 30, 2002
                          Hi Mike,

                          Message 12 of 22 , Mar 30, 2002
                            Hi Michael,

                            Message 13 of 22 , Mar 30, 2002
                              Hi Cyril,

                              Yes I agree, that is why I said average current and average volts to get the power. The best way is using a calorimeter, but that is surprisingly difficult. I remember Harold Putoff discussing this very fact. He found that even commercial broad band calorimeters were frequently in error. The problem is in those ever present high amplitude fast spikes which require very high sampling rates to capture with a scope and of course these spikes are shunted by the self capacity of monitoring resistors etc etc.

                              I suppose connecting output to input is the only sure way with a load connected at the same time.

                              By the way, I know you built a MEG are you going to have another go at it in the light (if any) of the patent?

                              Mike
                            • Andrew King
                              Message 14 of 22 , Mar 31, 2002
                                Hi Cyril,

                                Is the 'reach' of a stack of magnets the same as that of a single magnet of the same overall dimensions? Certainly the field structures are very different, although the end result may be similar. This is really in relation to the MEG where, in practical terms, it may be simpler to use a stack rather than a single, custom-cut magnet.

                                Andrew
                              • Cyril SMITH
                                Message 15 of 22 , Mar 31, 2002
                                  Hi Andrew,

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Mar 31, 2002
                                    Hi Mike,

                                    > Yes I agree, that is why I said average current and average volts to get
                                    the power. The best way is using a calorimeter, but that is surprisingly
                                    difficult. I remember Harold Putoff discussing this very fact. He found that
                                    even commercial broad band calorimeters were frequently in error. The
                                    problem is in those ever present high amplitude fast spikes which require
                                    very high sampling rates to capture with a scope and of course these spikes
                                    are shunted by the self capacity of monitoring resistors etc etc.

                                    > I suppose connecting output to input is the only sure way with a load
                                    connected at the same time.

                                    > By the way, I know you built a MEG are you going to have another go at it
                                    in the light (if any) of the patent?

                                    No I will leave that to others. I see nothing in the patent to give me a
                                    warm feeling about replication. I would not be surprised to find
                                    replication difficult because of what is NOT in the patent. What the patent
                                    does give me is the info to allow me to do a more detailed analysis of the
                                    fluxes and mmf's inside the MEG, to help search out exacly where the OU
                                    occurs (is it in the primary?, is it in the secondary?, is it in the
                                    magnet?, is it in the core?). I will report back when I have some results.

                                    Regards
                                    Cyril
                                  • Mike Watson
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Apr 1, 2002
                                      Hi Cyril,

                                      I have been wondering whether the reported OU of the MEG is an example of thermodynamic adiabatic cooling. The change in entropy due to domain rotation extracting heat from the core itself. Aspden has a patent for a motor using this process US 4,975,608. If this process were to suck up I2R losses plus environmental heat it could make the MEG appear OU. The dependance of the MEG on the material in the core could point in this direction. Also the use of neodymium magnets could easily bring the iron close to the  saturation point where the BH curve is very non-linear and cooling process would occur.

                                      If this were the case, the timing of the input current waveform becomes all important. Incidently I believe Aspden actually built his motor, he got some government funding!

                                      Regards

                                      Mike

                                    • dtb1000
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Apr 1, 2002
                                        The magnet could of been subject to preconditioning. Beardon received
                                        information from Sweet and claimed he couldn't release any
                                        information due to law suits from Sweet's contibutors.

                                        There is no mention of preconditioning in the patent. The end result
                                        is that interested parties will have to purchase one to find out how
                                        it works if it ever becomes available.

                                        DTB
                                      • Cyril SMITH
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Apr 3, 2002
                                          Hi Mike,

                                          I know of Aspden's work. Incidentally I will be going to the 2nd Berlin
                                          Conference for Innovative Energy Technologies in June and I hope to meet
                                          Aspden there (he is presenting a paper "Our Future Energy Source - The
                                          Vacuum"). It looks like being an interesting three days, with names like
                                          Hal Fox, the Graneau Brothers Peter and Neil, Paramahamsa Tewari and many
                                          more!

                                          Cyril

                                          > Yes I agree, that is why I said average current and average volts to get
                                          the power. The best way is using a calorimeter, but that is surprisingly
                                          difficult. I remember Harold Putoff discussing this very fact. He found
                                          that
                                          even commercial broad band calorimeters were frequently in error. The
                                          problem is in those ever present high amplitude fast spikes which require
                                          very high sampling rates to capture with a scope and of course these
                                          spikes
                                          are shunted by the self capacity of monitoring resistors etc etc.

                                          > I suppose connecting output to input is the only sure way with a load
                                          connected at the same time.

                                          > By the way, I know you built a MEG are you going to have another go at
                                          it
                                          in the light (if any) of the patent?

                                          No I will leave that to others. I see nothing in the patent to give me a
                                          warm feeling about replication. I would not be surprised to find
                                          replication difficult because of what is NOT in the patent. What the
                                          patent
                                          does give me is the info to allow me to do a more detailed analysis of the
                                          fluxes and mmf's inside the MEG, to help search out exacly where the OU
                                          occurs (is it in the primary?, is it in the secondary?, is it in the
                                          magnet?, is it in the core?). I will report back when I have some
                                          results.

                                          Regards
                                          Cyril

                                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Apr 3, 2002
                                            --- In MEG_builders@y..., "Cyril SMITH" <cyrilsmith@c...> wrote:
                                            > Hi Mike,
                                            >
                                            > I know of Aspden's work. Incidentally I will be going to the 2nd
                                            Berlin
                                            > Conference for Innovative Energy Technologies in June and I hope to
                                            meet
                                            > Aspden there (he is presenting a paper "Our Future Energy Source -
                                            The
                                            > Vacuum"). It looks like being an interesting three days, with
                                            names like
                                            > Hal Fox, the Graneau Brothers Peter and Neil, Paramahamsa Tewari
                                            and many
                                            > more!
                                            >
                                            > Cyril

                                            Cyril,

                                            I hope you come back from the conference with something that can be
                                            related to the MEG. Remember that this what our site is about :-)

                                            Stan
                                          • Cyril SMITH
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Apr 4, 2002
                                              Hi Stan,