Re: ATTN: Naudin - Question re: MEG3.3 ... MOV is better

  • Stan Mayer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2001
      --- In MEG_builders@y..., jnaudin509@a... wrote:
      > Dans un e-mail daté du 09/07/01 17:08:41 Paris, Madrid (heure
      d'été),

      > Dear Stan,
      >
      > GOOD ANALYSIS of the picture... You have done the good scheme, see
      the
      > attached diagram with the parts that I have used...
      >
      > Best Regards
      > Jean-Louis Naudin

      Thank you so much(merci bo cou?)for the prompt answer!!!!

      You say that a MOV is better but as I understand it you haven't used
      a MOV as a load. True? If this is true, could you guess at what the
      characteristics of what the MOV should be? My guess is that it
      should have a clamp or trigger voltage of something like +/- 600VDC
      or a very high value in order to let the MEG establish its EM field
      and "magic" before the MOV connects the output to the load resistor.
      I also guess that it should have a relatively low capacitance. I
      have tried to find the specs for the Panasonic MOV that Jon
      Flickinger has used but no luck so far.

      I eagerly await your reply to these questions and any other load
      observations that you may have.

      Thank you,

      Stan Mayer