Re: My MEG replication

  • Norm Fletcher
    Message 1 of 11 , May 20, 2007
      Hi
      I wanted to give you some of the results of my MEG replication and the current state of
      my ongoing investigation.
      Some initial notes:
      1. The MEG should not be viewed as a transformer. Doing so will just confuse what the
      system is designed to accomplish.
      2. The usual output of a transformer with a magnet placed as it is in the MEG is that
      of a biased transformer. Most likely, your output waves were not symetrically sinusoidal
      but skewed to either the leading edge or the trailing edge of the sine curve. This skewing
      is due to the magnet's flux direction. This apparently happens at most frequencies except
      for a few near the resonant frequency or harmonics thereof.
      If you change the load, as you observed, the resonant frequency changes. Then the MEG
      becomes inefficient with a common underunity output. Dr. Bearden describes the MEG as
      "Highly non-linear" and one can surmise why with all the variables changing by the
      nanosecond.
      3. I prefer to think of the MEG core as a dual flux pathway for the magnet with the
      control coils acting as flux switches. The unfortunate result of the MEG as described in the
      patent is that the flux from the input coils does not remain locally and change the
      permeability of the core in that small area of the core near the input coils. Instead, the B
      field traverses the entire circuit of the core and mixes with the magnet's flux. And, just to
      recap, the resonant frequency depends on load variance, winding quality, circuit Q,
      strength of the magnet, permeability of the core, slew rate of the core and God knows
      what else.
      We believe we have stumbled upon an answer to this problem and sometime in late June
      or July we will be testing a MEG core with radically new input architecture.
      As soon as this metalurgic process has a provisional patent status, I will publish the "how
      to" to this group. We hope new MEG consturction will produce a linear device capable of
      determining output based on the usual formulaic components: frequency, core area, core
      permeability, amount of dynamic flux and number of windings.

      Wish us luck!

      Norm