Re: [MEG_builders] My MEG replication

  • Erin Casson
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 15, 2007
      Hello! Keep up the good work on that MEG. Basically (from what I understand), it is transforming ether/virtual particle flux energy into the circuits.

      Erin

      lichtrov <lichtrov@...> wrote:
      Hi all!

      I'm an EE and was intriqued by MEG because of simple circuitry
      required to operate. I've built my own replication of the MEG - also
      unsuccessfully (I mean I didn't obtain COP > 1). In my controller I
      can independently change both frequency and duty cycle of the gate
      driving voltage. My MEG has taps on both primary and secondary
      windings and I can play with turns ratio. While working without load,
      I obtained output voltage with close to sine waveform and amplitudes
      around reported by Bearden and Naudin. However, after loading the
      output (even lightly with 100kOhm resistor), output voltage decreases
      significantly to a few volts.

      It's pretty hard to debug the device since I don't understand how it
      should work. I started to dig into Berden's patent and I have a
      question: does anybody have an idea how Bearden measured the current
      in both primary (Fig 6D) and secondary (Figs 6G,H)?

      The question arised because the primary current he described has
      extremely small duty cycle - around 1 microsecond for both rise and
      fall. It supposes duty cycle with around 500 nanoseconds of active
      driving voltage - nothing comparable can be seen in Figs 6A,B. Also I
      tried to build high side current measurement circuit and (even with
      most recent chips!) it has around 500kHz bandwidth and cannot provide
      such a sharp waveform. Thus I presume that Tom measured a voltage on
      a small low side resistor. The voltage produced by such measurement
      can have short spikes as presented in Fig 6D because of capacitive
      coupling from adjacent circuitry and even from the ground ripple
      itself.

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

    • Wayne Robey
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 24, 2007
        --- Kent Andersen <sci@...> wrote:

        > Sounds like you have done quite a bit of homework. This seems to be a
        > typical result from MEG builders
        > In a video that I watched where bearden goes into detail on the MEG's
        > operation it is more of a L/C
        > type of circuit. from what he said in that video the input waveform
        > is
        > like /`\ ramp up and ramp down.

        That makes sense since the primary and secondary should be closely
        coupled ( as distinct from the sine output of a high Q self resonant
        secondary that is loosely coupled)

        > since its a L/C circuit you must design a load match transformer that
        > will allow you to pull power out of it.
        > simply putting a resistive load across the output will detune the
        > circuit and throw it out of its "balance"

        That does not make sense, a resistive load would lower the Q but by
        definition not detune anything. It would change the flux in the core,
        so that would change the inductance a bit, and some frequency & dwell
        adjustments could possibly be helpful. Does the "load match"
        transformer you mention have something to do with drawing power from
        both secondarys equally to maintain the balance between the sides?

        > I have not done this myself yet as I have been short on time but that
        > is
        > my next step to design a, more or
        > less a balun or unun to decouple the meg from the effects of the
        > load.
        >
        > (Kent)

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Kent Andersen
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 25, 2007
          well I think you could use a smaller secondary coil on it. Most of these
          guys go for big voltage
          because they get the idea that big voltage = big power.
          you might try youtube.com they sometimes have these videos pirated there.
          Bearden is selling the video on his website here.
          http://www.cheniere.org/sales/buy-e1.htm

          he has completely moved away from his theories of phase conjugation
          (junk science stuff)
          to more practical theories that everyone else in the scientific
          community is using.
          I would surely check out that video if you can before you go out
          spending big wads of cash
          do your research as it is known that the patents do not contain all of
          the information required
          to reproduce what it is claimed to do.
          some other data you might want to look at is here if you have not already
          http://jnaudin.free.fr/meg/meg.htm

          I recently purchased 2 of the metglass C cores AMCC500 which I am going
          to use in some experiments
          with ferro magnetic resonance. they were 179.00 per pair.. so if you
          decide to build a meg prepare
          to go for a ride.

          Hope that helps

          Kent

          lichtrov wrote:

> [...]
          > > >
          > > > The question arised because the primary current he described has
          > > > extremely small duty cycle - around 1 microsecond for both rise
          > and
          > > > fall. It supposes duty cycle with around 500 nanoseconds of active
          > > > driving voltage - nothing comparable can be seen in Figs 6A,B.
          > Also I
          > > > tried to build high side current measurement circuit and (even
          > with
          > > > most recent chips!) it has around 500kHz bandwidth and cannot
          > provide
          > > > such a sharp waveform. Thus I presume that Tom measured a voltage
          > on
          > > > a small low side resistor. The voltage produced by such
          > measurement
          > > > can have short spikes as presented in Fig 6D because of capacitive
          > > > coupling from adjacent circuitry and even from the ground ripple

        • lichtrov
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 26, 2007

            --- In MEG_builders@yahoogroups.com, Kent Andersen <sci@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > >
            > > The question arised because the primary current he described has
            > > extremely small duty cycle - around 1 microsecond for both rise
            and
            > > fall. It supposes duty cycle with around 500 nanoseconds of active
            > > driving voltage - nothing comparable can be seen in Figs 6A,B.
            Also I
            > > tried to build high side current measurement circuit and (even
            with
            > > most recent chips!) it has around 500kHz bandwidth and cannot
            provide
            > > such a sharp waveform. Thus I presume that Tom measured a voltage
            on
            > > a small low side resistor. The voltage produced by such
            measurement
            > > can have short spikes as presented in Fig 6D because of capacitive
            > > coupling from adjacent circuitry and even from the ground ripple

          • Wayne Robey
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 26, 2007
              --- lichtrov <lichtrov@...> wrote:

              > And one more question: does anybody have an idea why such a huge
              > secondary voltage is required (TB in the patent claims that it can be
              >
              > lowered with smaller secondary windings, but I didn't see anything
              > done with low secondary voltage)?

              My speculation based on Naudin's observations that his HV windings gave
              out due to internal corona discharge after extensive testing and his
              claim that a conditioned resistor (which I think may have internal
              discontinuities serving as sites for micro arcs) is that these
              discharges are essential, so if his design worked when using low
              voltage wire, it may fail simply by changing to 5 KV rated magnet wire.

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • softwarelabus
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 29, 2007
                Hi,

                At this very moment you can purchase the Metglas AMCC 320 cores for
                $110 from http://elnamagnetics.com

                There's some very important information MEG researchers should know
                about. I spoke with the engineer at Metglas and he said it's difficult
                to couple the two U-shaped cut cores together tight enough to achieve
                the materials exceptionally high permeability and coercivity. In fact,
                the Metglas engineer said his test, which consisted of taping two
                pressed cores together, resulted in a completely flat BH-curve with
                relatively low permeability. I'm not certain how much pressure one
                needs to apply on the core halves, but one should be very cautious as
                such nanocrystalline and amorphous material is brittle. My suggestion
                is to rub the two cores together thereby creating some micro powder to
                fill in any gaps, and then press the two cores together. To verify the
                two cores are correctly coupled you could apply two static AC signals.
                One signal would be strong low frequency, no higher than 1 Hz. The
                other will be a weak higher frequency signal of a few KHz's. It's
                important the KHz signals peak to peak current remain relatively
                constant. To achieve this you could place a high resistance resistor
                in series with the KHz signal so it's peak to peak current does not
                change much as the 1 Hz signal changes. The 1 Hz signal peak must be
                high enough to saturate the core. Next, view the induced voltage on a
                secondary coil. If the two cores are correctly coupled then the KHz
                signal should mostly be low in amplitude along with a blip high in
                amplitude. On the other hand, an improperly coupled core should
                result in a flat KHz signal with no blip.

                Also you'll want to store such cores stored in a desiccator-- low
                humidity environment. Believe it or not, cheap cat litter that
                contains silica gel works great. You'll want to microwave the cat
                litter to expel the absorbed moisture. Once it cools then place it in
                a seal tight bag or container along with the nanocrystalline core.
                This will prevent the core from oxidizing.

                I learned some very concerning information from the Metglas engineer.
                The AMCC cores are not longitudinally annealed, but no-field annealed.
                I don't know if they were ever longitudinally annealed, but this was a
                shocker since my computer simulations (based on conventional physics)
                shows the "free energy" comes from a coil robbing Magnetic entropy
                away from Lattice entropy, which occurs when the core goes to
                saturation. Present simulations indicate longitudinally annealed cores
                have appreciable magnetic entropy, and non-annealed cores have
                significantly less magnetic entropy, and transversely annealed cores
                have negative entropy when such material is saturated. Actually
                simulations show transversely annealed cores behave erratically
                depending on various situations. Note that two U-shaped cores not
                properly coupled perform just like a transversely annealed core. This
                gap effect is seen in simulations due to the micro gaps between the
                cut core.

                In a nutshell, it's very important to verify your cut AMCC core is
                properly coupled and exhibits the materials natural exceptionally high
                permeability and coercivity. According to simulations the high
                coercivity is very important in achieving magnetic entropy.

                Here's an outline of what the simulation software reveals. With no
                applied field the magnetic dipole moments on such material on average
                are appreciably unaligned because the longitudinally annealing
                discourages domain structure-- lower order, higher magnetic entropy.
                When the core is saturated the magnetic moments are aligned-- high
                order, low magnetic entropy. Normally when magnetic entropy decreases
                there's an increase in lattice entropy. Meaning, magnetic entropy is
                converted to heat. This is a well-understood process known as MCE
                (Magnetocaloric effect). MCE is difficult to notice in typical
                magnetic materials at room temp because the domains are mostly
                saturated with no applied field; i.e., low magnetic entropy. When the
                material is above Curie temp the magnetic moments are in disorder, the
                domains are destroyed; i.e., high magnetic entropy. The problem is
                such materials have hardly any permeability above Curie. Although,
                Superparamagnetic materials have high magnetic entropy well below
                Curie. According to simulations, such material with exceptionally
                high permeability require extraordinarily small amount of energy from
                the coil used as a catalyst to convert magnetic entropy to lattice
                entropy (heat). Last year I witnessed MCE in a Metglas transversely
                annealed core, but at the time I couldn't figure out why the effect
                was so erratic, and even reverse some times. Actually I asked Metglas
                for a longitudinally annealed core, but oddly enough they sent me the
                worst type of core for "free energy," a transversely annealed core.
                Recently, after discovering this, I bought some Metglas MAGAMP cores,
                which are uncut longitudinally annealed 2714A core material. I'm still
                in the process of measuring MCE at room temperature in such cores, but
                so far it appears they definitely exhibit appreciable MCE at room
                temperature. :-)

                How to capture such magnetic entropy away from lattice entropy is
                another story. What occurs is electrons flip, which generates a pulse,
                emits photons. The flip rate depends on the type of atoms, lattice,
                and material electrical resistance. Such Metglas cores have low
                electrical resistance, which can significantly slow down the flip rate
                due to eddy currents. Note that 18 micro tape wound cores reduce macro
                eddy currents, but not nano scale eddy currents around the atomic
                flip. Ideally the coil would collect a percentage of the pulse,
                magnetic entropy. So now the core is saturated-- align magnetic
                moments, low magnetic entropy. According to standard physics it
                requires energy to break such magnetic alignments. Temperature
                (vibrating atoms) breaks such magnetic bonds, which is why such
                magnetic materials cool down when the applied field is removed-- the
                later half of MCE. Therefore, the coil captures energy that is
                normally converted to lattice entropy. When the field is removed the
                material cools slightly more than it stated.

                The end results are a device that moves ambient energy at the output,
                which cools the core. Recent simulations are showing the core domain
                structure can abruptly change when this occurs. If true, then it would
                require a machine that adapts and re-tunes itself continuously and
                dynamically. That could explain why Naudin had trouble closing the
                loop. There seems to be controversy what Naudin failed. All I know is
                that a person who lives in France, was in direct contact with Naudin,
                and claimed that Naudin did indeed closed the loop, but the MEG would
                run for a very brief time. He said Naudin could not figure it out. If
                Naudin was capturing ambient energy from the core, then it's my
                opinion that such a device is finely tuned and highly balanced, and a
                slight change in core temperature would cause significant domain
                structure. I think the Metglas MEG is legitimate, but someone needs to
                spend the time to figure out how to make the circuit adapt to the
                cores changes and/or somehow keep the inner core at a stable temperature.

                My final comment on the MEG is that presently I see no way of capture
                such Magnetic entropy from ferrite cores. In a nutshell, such ferrite
                cores are made of powdered iron. A bonding material separates the iron
                particles. Therefore, with no applied field, each iron particle will
                be appreciably saturated due to strong domains. Furthermore, a
                saturated core would actually have *less* B-field magnetic entropy due
                to the iron particle separations as caused by the bonding material.
                Perhaps an intensely longitudinally annealed ferrite core could work.
                Regardless, it's difficult to beat nanocrystalline and amorphous cores
                that have permeability over 500000, especially if they are
                longitudinally annealed! :-)

                Regards,
                Paul Lowrance

              • Kent Andersen
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 29, 2007
                  Wow Paul!

                  Very good research! I am very impressed with what you have presented here.
                  I might add that that one way to get them to dynamically change
                  resonance is to
                  PL or phase lock it, the input frequency would have to be determined by
                  the output frequency.
                  whereas you would tap a certain amount of power from the output coil to
                  directly drive the input coil
                  it should find its resonance and "lock" in on maximum output. of course
                  there are some factors that
                  must be addressed and that would have to be a circuit that would
                  automatically adjust phase delay for
                  the hysterisys curve of not only the metglass core but the permanant
                  magnet field that is in the core.
                  these numbers would obviously vary from each meg. This is about the
                  only method I can see to
                  make it so that the temperature problems could be compensated.

                  softwarelabus wrote:

> [...]
                  > > some other data you might want to look at is here if you have not
                  > already
                  > > http://jnaudin.free.fr/meg/meg.htm <http://jnaudin.free.fr/meg/meg.htm>
                  > >
                  > > I recently purchased 2 of the metglass C cores AMCC500 which I am going
                  > > to use in some experiments
                  > > with ferro magnetic resonance. they were 179.00 per pair.. so if you
                  > > decide to build a meg prepare
                  > > to go for a ride.
                  > >
                  > > Hope that helps
                  > >
                  > > Kent
                  > >
                  > > lichtrov wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Thank you for the response. I'm thinking about load matching also.
                  > > >
                  > > > Where the video, you're talking about, can be downloaded from?
                  > > >
                  > > > And one more question: does anybody have an idea why such a huge
                  > > > secondary voltage is required (TB in the patent claims that it can be
                  > > > lowered with smaller secondary windings, but I didn't see anything

                • Norm Fletcher
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 20, 2007
                    Hi
                    I wanted to give you some of the results of my MEG replication and the current state of
                    my ongoing investigation.
                    Some initial notes:
                    1. The MEG should not be viewed as a transformer. Doing so will just confuse what the
                    system is designed to accomplish.
                    2. The usual output of a transformer with a magnet placed as it is in the MEG is that
                    of a biased transformer. Most likely, your output waves were not symetrically sinusoidal
                    but skewed to either the leading edge or the trailing edge of the sine curve. This skewing
                    is due to the magnet's flux direction. This apparently happens at most frequencies except
                    for a few near the resonant frequency or harmonics thereof.
                    If you change the load, as you observed, the resonant frequency changes. Then the MEG
                    becomes inefficient with a common underunity output. Dr. Bearden describes the MEG as
                    "Highly non-linear" and one can surmise why with all the variables changing by the
                    nanosecond.
                    3. I prefer to think of the MEG core as a dual flux pathway for the magnet with the
                    control coils acting as flux switches. The unfortunate result of the MEG as described in the
                    patent is that the flux from the input coils does not remain locally and change the
                    permeability of the core in that small area of the core near the input coils. Instead, the B
                    field traverses the entire circuit of the core and mixes with the magnet's flux. And, just to
                    recap, the resonant frequency depends on load variance, winding quality, circuit Q,
                    strength of the magnet, permeability of the core, slew rate of the core and God knows
                    what else.
                    We believe we have stumbled upon an answer to this problem and sometime in late June
                    or July we will be testing a MEG core with radically new input architecture.
                    As soon as this metalurgic process has a provisional patent status, I will publish the "how
                    to" to this group. We hope new MEG consturction will produce a linear device capable of
                    determining output based on the usual formulaic components: frequency, core area, core
                    permeability, amount of dynamic flux and number of windings.

                    Wish us luck!

                    Norm