Re: negative result

  • steven
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17, 2007
      --- In MEG_builders@yahoogroups.com, "YoTango" <yotango@...> wrote:

      > --- Monsieur Bonheur <dude_buggy@...> wrote:
      > > The current doesn't have anything to do with the
      > > force of the field.
      > >
      > > It's the voltage and the number of turns that gives
      > > you strength of the field. Experiment a little bit,
      > > so you'll be able to understand.
      >
      > Magnetic field is generated by current, not voltage. Current is
      > generated by voltage potentials. The voltage itself has does not
      > create the magnetic field and is not a factor. You can have 10
      volts
      > or 1,000,000 volts and still end up with the same magnetic field.
      It
      > is current, not voltage. Check out some basic physics books and
      > perhaps the following web page will help you.
      > http://www.netdenizen.com/emagnet/offaxis/iloopcalculator.htm
      >
      > The Electric fields in a transformer are generated by di/dt. "di"
      is
      > a change in current. "dt" is a change in time. Let me know if you
      > need help learning about this and I'll try to find you a web page
      for
      > educational purposes.

      In the same instance you can have hundreds of amps and a neglible
      magnetic field. Take an air cored coil, say it generated a field
      value of 0.1 for the sake of simplicity , say 1 Amp flowing then add
      a metal core say pig iron, now we have a field of say 0.5 but still 1
      amp flowing, change the core to super permalloy now we might have a
      field of 1 but still only 1 amp flowing, move to nano crystaline etc,
      The point is, the core material , the number of windings, the guage
      of wire,the coil dimensions and the voltage applied hence current
      flowing, all these factors dictate the field strength, the current
      flowing is way low down in priority of field strength, the core
      material and number of windings being the factors which dictate the
      most.