MEG energy comes from magnetic momentum

  • softwarelabus
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2006
      (Note: Apologies for this message being delayed - The moderators took the weekend off)

      @All

      I think the following may help those interested in the MEG, related
      devices, and further research.

      First, we know avalanche radiation exists. I prefer to call it
      "avalanche radiation" over Barkhausen because it's more descriptive
      and there's a little controversy about Barkhausen, but that's another
      subject. Point being, we know about the avalanches. We know it is
      typically UHF radiation for non-electrical cores and considerably
      lower for conductive cores such as iron. The amount of such radiation
      that escapes the core is very small. The reason it is small is because
      the avalanche occurs completely incased within the core and we know
      the fields have a closed loop, a magnetic short if you will. This
      easily demonstrated with FEMM. Also we may study induction simulations
      to learn that core radiation leakage is relative to the materials
      permeability.

      Now to the point. At any given time while we are pulsing a core there
      are X amount of avalanches occurring that are unstoppable; i.e., if we
      remove the applied field the avalanches would complete. I refer to
      this as "Magnetic Momentum" (that's momentum, not moment), and not to
      be confused with Magnetic Viscosity.

      The amount of magnetic momentum varies with material. There are a lot
      of factors, but the main factors are the materials MCE and its
      electrical conductivity. I predict that nanocrystalline materials such
      as Metglas and Finemet have high magnetic momentum.

      ---

      I would like to differentiate the different between MCE energy and
      common induction. Envision thousands of tiny PM's (permanent magnets)
      on swivels that forms one big toroid. There is wire that wraps this
      big toroid to form a standard toroid coil. Basically we have formed a
      large scale magnetic toroid core with a coil. These tiny magnets are
      all aligned to form a closed loop-- essentially our core is saturated.
      Now at a constant rate randomly force say 100 PM's per second to flip.
      This will induce a net constant voltage. We know that the net constant
      voltage is not dependant on how fast _each_ PM flips. Rather the net
      constant voltage depends on _how many_ PM's _per second_ are flipped.
      So, the induction is relative to how many flipped PM's per second and
      MCE energy is relative to how fast a PM is flipped.

      In other words, if each PM is flipped in 1 ms rather than 10 ms the
      net constant induced voltage will not change, but there will be more
      radiation energy. MCE is that radiation energy.

      Note that each time a PM is flipped we'll see a dc pulse (a dc spike)
      in voltage. If the PM flips 1000 times fast, then the _net average_
      voltage does not change; i.e., the voltage is 1000 times greater, but
      the pulse width is 1000 times shorter. So it flips 1000 times faster.
      The voltage will be 1000 times greater. If the voltage is 1000 times
      greater then power is 1000000 times greater-- P=V^2/R. Therefore,
      power is 1000000 times greater, the time is 1000 times less, the
      resulting energy is 1000 times greater. Energy = time * Voltage^2 /
      Resistance. If we were to look at this signal on a spectrum we would
      see that by increasing the flip 1000 times faster results in higher
      frequencies. If you flipped it fast enough you would have a
      high-energy gamma photon, and you better duck. ;-) E=hf

      Regards,
      Paul Lowrance