ferrite core

  • ancient_anubis2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2005
      hey everyone,

      i was just wondering where you all got your ferrite cores from? ive
      scoured the internet looking for a supplier, alas i can not find one
      :( i live in the U.K, so if any of you know where i can get my hands
      on some cores, woud be extremely usefull.

      thanx in advanced,
      Dan
    • YoTango
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 26, 2006
        --- In MEG_builders@yahoogroups.com, "ancient_anubis2000"
        <crazy_milk_drink@...> wrote:

        > hey everyone,
        >
        > i was just wondering where you all got your ferrite cores from? ive
        > scoured the internet looking for a supplier, alas i can not find one
        > :( i live in the U.K, so if any of you know where i can get my hands
        > on some cores, woud be extremely usefull.
        >
        > thanx in advanced,
        > Dan

        I believe you are looking for Metglas
        http://www.metglas.com
      • Andrew
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2006
          Hey Dan,

          I'm new to the MEG, but looking at http://jnaudin.free.fr/meg/megv21.htm
          it seems like a goer!

          I got in contact with the company that supplies the core as specified
          on the JLN Labs site and they said the core is $107 as a set.
          Their website is http://www.elnamagnetics.com and it is a MetGlas
          AMCC-320 Powerlite core.

          Hope this is of some help,

          Andrew

          <crazy_milk_drink@...> wrote:

          > hey everyone,
          >
          > i was just wondering where you all got your ferrite cores from? ive
          > scoured the internet looking for a supplier, alas i can not find one
          > :( i live in the U.K, so if any of you know where i can get my hands
          > on some cores, woud be extremely usefull.
          >
          > thanx in advanced,
          > Dan

        • Rob King
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 14, 2006
            Hi Andrew,

            I have enquired to Metglas about getting sample cores.
            Thank you for the update on the cost of the core from the
            distributor.

            I rather fancy getting one the same as JLN used and the next size up.
            Or that really big one at the top of the range that weights a
            whopping 7Kg (per half??) - AMCC1000.

            Hi Dan,

            I too am from the UK (Stafford), so like you I will be ordering from
            either Germany or USA.

            Regards

            Rob