Re: Flux question

  • joseph lhelias
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2005

      My name is Jo, in order to reply to Steven about flux question inside the MEG,  I agree with you and I guess all the bad experiences is linked to what you are talking about. In fact , like you, from my point of view, in order to generate a significant power output, I guess it is physicaly necessary to influence the flux of the magnet as a FET transistor is operating. Like you, I cannot understand how we can have an efficient way, only by modulating the flux from outside the magnet circuit. Like in a transistor, we have to insure alternatively the blocking of the magnetic flow and the release in order to generate a power ouput proportional to the variations of the magnetic flow . If we don't do this by inserting a coil in the magnet circuit, how does it works ? and in this case, like in a transistor, a gap is mandatory between the field generated by the coil and the one generated by th e magnet circuit, in order to have a locking point without having to use the same input power as the possible output power .

      Best regards.

      Jo.

      > De: "sanderpupae" <s.sinttruye@...>
      > A: Coucou
      > Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 01:22:12 -0000

      Hello my name is Steven (new to this list and MEG'ing)

      I have a question about flux transfer through the MEG.
      First of all, I did some flux simulations with Femm. I was
      experimenting with different MEG designs like the MEGII as on
      http://starglider.netfirms.com/ But here is the thing I don't
      understand about flux traveling trough steel: What we do in case of
      the meg is switching the (most of it) magnetic flux through the
      metal in a "closed loop" from magnet north> through metal> to south.
      Well Femm simulation show a strong magnetic field through the steel.
      Well, I created that test setup. BUT when you hold a pieces of steel
      next to the meg-arm with the whole flux going trough, it is not
      attracted to it at all (well, maybe just a little) So the flux of
      the magnet is completely "IN" the steel of the MEG. So how can that
      be efficient for generating pow er when the magnetic field does
      not 'radiate' outside the steel for us to capture with a coil..?

      Hope anyone can give me some insight on this.
      Thanks!

      CaraMail met en oeuvre un nouveau Concept de Sécurité Globale à partir de 1,49 euros par mois

    • YoTango
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 18, 2005