Re: my last experiments with my MEG

  • YoTango
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17, 2005
      Hi,

      I am interested in your results. I looked at your web page, but I do
      not read French and it looks long and would take too much time to
      analyze. I would only want to see an image of one full cycle of the
      voltage & current of all four windings-- both primary and secondary.
      Could you please post a picture of this?

      Also I am curious where and how much you paid for your Metglas
      AMCC-320 core?

      BTW, I wanted caution people about using FEMM on any materials that
      are close to saturation. FEMM has no understanding of saturations.
      When saturation values are programmed into FEMM's database then FEMM
      fails miserably. The FEMM snapshot taken by Naudin is incorrect
      because the magnet saturates the core.
      http://jnaudin.free.fr/meg/meg4cf.htm

      Thanks
      YT
    • BobW
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21, 2005
        YT and all

        --- In MEG_builders@yahoogroups.com, "YoTango" <yotango@y...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I am interested in your results. I looked at your web page, but I
        do
        > not read French and it looks long and would take too much time to
        > analyze.

        You can see that French page in English by entering it's URL at
        http://world.altavista.com/

        > Also I am curious where and how much you paid for your Metglas
        > AMCC-320 core?

        I bought mine at
        http://www.metglas.com/products/page5_1_6_2_5_18.htm

        I think I paid around $90 for it a number of years ago.

        Bob
      • regnevacs
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 9, 2006
          Did you try the conditioned resistor?