Construction Questions - Help Request

  • source_dipole
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14, 2005
      1. On building the coils does anyone know of a company that
      will wind the coils for you? Is this a critical construction
      element? Hand winding or not?

      2. On the permanent rectangular magnet in the center.
      Will any type of magnet work? Can anyone suggest a
      good company to buy from or will any electronic supplier
      do? How tight should the fit be?

      3. On "CLOSING THE LOOP". Do you mean to disconnect
      from or by-pass the battery altogether? Is this what
      is ment by "CLOSING THE LOOP"?

      4. On the 320 core. Why is this size of core being used?
      What about a bigger core? Would a bigger core be better
      in terms of avoiding core saturation and producing greater
      power output?

      5. The Battery. Will 24 Volts work instead of 25 volts?
      Is there a battery type that will work better than some other?

      6. Stan. Where can I buy that electronic circuit simulator
      you mentioned using in one of your responses?
    • John Porter
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 16, 2005
        Don't know if this will help; I get super strength round magnets FREE from burnt-out microwave megnetron tubes.... Ask any appliance repair shop to save old magnetrons for oyu... Maybe even offer a couple of bucks for this service..
        John

        source_dipole <source_dipole@...> wrote:

[...]

        Main page:

          MEG_Builders@yahoogroups.com

          To contact the moderator of this group, send email to
          MEG_Builders-owner@yahoogroups.com

          MEG_Builders-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Stan Mayer
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 17, 2005
          --- In MEG_builders@yahoogroups.com, "source_dipole"
          <source_dipole@y...> wrote:

          > 1. On building the coils does anyone know of a company that

          will wind the coils for you?  Is this a critical construction

          element?  Hand winding or not?

          > 2. On the permanent
          rectangular magnet in the center.
          > Will any type of magnet
          work?  Can anyone suggest a
          > good company to buy from or will any
          electronic supplier
          > do? How tight should the fit be?

          3. On "CLOSING THE LOOP".  Do you mean to disconnect
          > from or
          by-pass the battery altogether?  Is this what
          > is ment by "CLOSING
          THE LOOP"?

          > 4. On the 320 core.  Why is this size of core
          being used?
          > What about a bigger core?  Would a bigger core
          be better
          > in terms of avoiding core saturation and producing greater
          > power output?
          >
          > 5. The Battery.  Will 24 Volts work
          instead of 25 volts?
          > Is there a battery type that will work
          better than some other?

          > 6. Stan.  Where can I buy that
          electronic circuit simulator
          > you mentioned using in one of your
          Dear Source_Dipole,

          The electronic circuit simulator that I use is MicroSim Eval. 8.0.  This program can be downloaded for free from ...

          On this page find the "MicroSim Version 8.0" section and the select "1. Click here to download version 8.0 of Schematics from MicroSim."  Then, at the resulting next page, select "Method 1:  Click here to download PSpice in one large file (16 MB)."  The file that you download to your PC should be named 80dlabe.exe and should indeed be about 16 Mb in size.  I really like this program even though it is only a demo version and won't allow you to create your own parts and/or bring in PSpice libraries.

          Best,

          Stan Mayer

        • Andrew
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 8, 2006
            Hey Stan,

            I'm new to the MEG itself, but I have a wide variety of electrical
            experience working in various sections. I thought this information
            might be of some use for you:

            1. I have had experience in winding power transformers. It is best to
            wind the windings reasonably well to get optimum efficiency.

            2. I have previously bought magnets from www.aussiemagnets.com.au
            Neodymium (rare earth) magnets are good to work with.
            The fit should be reasonably tight, as mechanical movement /
            vibrations of the magnets will affect performance.

            3. Closing the loop is feeding the output of the MEG to charge the
            battery. There could be a risk of high circulating currents causing
            parts to burn out. Like if you place a microphone to a speaker and it
            squeals.

            4. I'm not sure why that size core is being used. Maybe to make
            making the MEG easier?
            As far as saturation is concerned, you may want to try Stan Meyer's
            water fuel cell pulse driver (look at waveform on diagram -
            http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/95/Water_fuel_cell_cir
            cuit.png ). The longer gate pause should help the core recover.

            5. I don't think it will make any difference if it is 24 or 25 volts
            to operate the MEG. When you charge 24 volts worth of batteries, you
            will need to input 27.6 volts to charge them fully.

            I hope this information has been of some help to you,

            Andrew Gardiner
            http://www.thewaterengine.com

            --- In MEG_builders@yahoogroups.com, "Stan Mayer" <StanMayer@...>