Re: Input driver circuit of the MEG-2

  • overunity2001
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2004
      --- In MEG_builders@yahoogroups.com, "carbonprobe" <carbonprobe@y...>
      wrote:
      > --- In MEG_builders@yahoogroups.com, "overunity2001" <harti@h...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > The 2 input coils are probably in series
      >
      > I don't think so. The picture shows 4 wires going to the input
      coils.
      > If you look very closely you can see a two position terminal block
      > with 2 wires (black and red) situated on the housing of each input
      > coil. This suggests that the input coils are not in series but are
      > controlled the way the patent says and Bearden has always stated -
      > alternatively pulsing input coils.

      Hmm, well, yes, but maybe they have just connected the 2 input coils
      on the PCB together in series...
      This could also be...

      > And I bet the IC is a PIC that was programmed by them.

      Hmm, I don´t see a quartz crystal which is probably needed to drive
      th PIC processor.
      Has a PIC 14 pins ? The used IC has 14 pins.

      > In the MEG I believe you have to have alternatively pulsing input
      > coils to make the permeability of the core higher, which allows you
      > to apply less input current to get a given B field in the core. #

      Well if you look closely into the input current scope trace, do you
      see any difference in the input current from each pulse ?
      I don´t see any difference, which tells me, that the 2 coils are
      probably energized together in a bridge configuration as I have
      drawn it.
      Well, I could be of course wrong, but the scope shots tell me this
      configuration which I have drawn.

      Regards, Stefan.

      > Ken
      >

      > > and then when the square
      > > wave is ON, the 2 coils in series push the flux from the
      permanent
      > > magnet from the right leg to the left leg and when the square
      wave
      > is
      > > OFF, the coils are switched in polarity so that the flux is pushed
      > > from the right leg to the left leg.
      > >
      > > Very easy operation.
      > >
      > > The trick is probably in the right working point on the BH curve
      of
      > > the core and the fact, that the input coils just are so small in
      > > width, this makes the flux volume they cover of the core very
      small
      > > and thus the counterEMF from the secondary coils are probably
      very
      > > small, so there is the gain in OU.
      > > The power gain is probably directly converted from the
      surrounding
      > > environmental heat to electrical energy via the magnets and the
      > core,
      > > so these should get at least 1 or 2 deegrees colder.
      > >
      > > Regards, Stefan.
    • Ulysses M.Rezende
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6, 2004
        Hi Stefan,

        > > And I bet the IC is a PIC that was programmed
        by them.

        > Hmm, I don´t see a quartz crystal which is probably needed
        to drive
        > th PIC processor.
        > Has a PIC 14 pins ? The used IC has
        14 pins.
        Could be, new PIC doesn't use cristal and has 14 pins, more or less,
        pease see PIC 16C505 OTP - with internal clock it work at 4 MHz:

        Best regards,

        Ulysses