Re: New MEG patent

  • davidj95650
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2004
      New application copies existing patent

      The new application simply copies the verbiage of the existing
      patent. What is different are the claims where the patent claimed
      a "device and the new application claims a "method". There is no
      new information disclosed. To me this is taking advantage of the
      patent office without offering anything substantive to the spirit
      of the patent law.

      IMHO neither provides a complete description of the operation
      of the MEG. I have shown in previous postings that the presence
      of the magnet enhances the magnetic field within the output coil.
      How to tap this increase usefully is of course the real secret.
      Possibly a high-frequency sampling method might be part of the
      answer: the drawings in the patent labelled "6C" and "6D" show
      a 1 MHZ "noise" on the input current and voltage measurements.
      This is probably a subtle way for the inventors to claim that
      they disclosed the information when there is a future argument
      about the patent.

      --- In MEG_builders@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Narby" <dnarby@s...> wrote:
      > All,
      >
      > Stefan Sundström on the JLNlabs yahoo group list posted that Magnetic Ene=
      rgy Ltd. has a new
      > patent application:

      http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2=
      Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f
      =G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PG01&s1=%22Patrick%2C+Stephen+L%22.IN.&OS=IN/