New MEG patent

  • Dave Narby
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2004
      All,

      Stefan Sundström on the JLNlabs yahoo group list posted that Magnetic Energy Ltd. has a new patent application:

      Best regards,

      Dave Narby
    • davidj95650
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2004
        New application copies existing patent

        The new application simply copies the verbiage of the existing
        patent. What is different are the claims where the patent claimed
        a "device and the new application claims a "method". There is no
        new information disclosed. To me this is taking advantage of the
        patent office without offering anything substantive to the spirit
        of the patent law.

        IMHO neither provides a complete description of the operation
        of the MEG. I have shown in previous postings that the presence
        of the magnet enhances the magnetic field within the output coil.
        How to tap this increase usefully is of course the real secret.
        Possibly a high-frequency sampling method might be part of the
        answer: the drawings in the patent labelled "6C" and "6D" show
        a 1 MHZ "noise" on the input current and voltage measurements.
        This is probably a subtle way for the inventors to claim that
        they disclosed the information when there is a future argument
        about the patent.

        --- In MEG_builders@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Narby" <dnarby@s...> wrote:
        > All,
        >
        > Stefan Sundström on the JLNlabs yahoo group list posted that Magnetic Ene=
        rgy Ltd. has a new
        > patent application:

        http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2=
        Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f
        =G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PG01&s1=%22Patrick%2C+Stephen+L%22.IN.&OS=IN/