Another new MEG builder

  • fletchmo47
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2002
      Hello all
      I have acquired a very large Metglas core (AMCC-1000), a
      large 2x2x1.5 neodymium magnet and am on my fourth generation of a
      control switcher for the input coils. Input frequency and pulse width
      now is easily changed on the fly, and it is remarkable to see
      resonance points over frequency AND/OR pulse width changes evident in
      the circuit outputs. The only changes I've made in the MEG design is
      the number of output windings and the guage of the output coils. I am
      using 12 guage wire and only 25 windings at the output. Since the
      patent stated that lower voltages could be attained using fewer output
      windings, I thought I'd go with that.
      I can easily light a 75watt incandescent bulb, but, so far,
      results have been those consistant with the expected power output from
      a common high frequency transformer with about 80% efficiency. That
      is because I think I have treated this device as a transformer.
      I would like input for experimentation. Possibly some guidence
      from those who have come this far. Thanks, Norm Fletcher