1378Re: Info about the MEG core's hysteresis curve

  • jules4060
    Feb 7 10:27 PM
      This is not necessarily new news to some people. If you really think the critical factor is the B/H curve then get a bunch of small strip wound toroidal cores and look for a resonance ring coming from the core. For this you will want to use a small number of turns because you could otherwise get ringing from the inter-winding capacitance.

      You don't need a lot of expensive equipment. Just a scope, signal generator, and MOSFET driver setup. My lab has about 10 different strip wound materials for testing and I paid about $10 each for the cores.

      However, at this point in my research I think we are dealing with a standing wave condition that will work with any magnetic material. For producing the effect at lower frequencies you need a lot of turns and careful tuning.

      Jules.

      --- In MEG_builders@yahoogroups.com, "mayerstan" <StanMayer@...> wrote:

      > Group,
      >
      > Recently I had a phone conversation with a serious MEG
      > experimenter who shared with me some information about the MEG core ..... <remainder of this snipped by moderator for brevity>
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic